Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday!

Today I made a 2nd pass on my beach scene painting. (it's influenced by artist Dan McGaw) My objective was to "slather" large areas of paint onto the canvas. Mission accomplished...(except I'll probably scrape some of this paint back!) Also I have to decide what I will do with the sandy foreground (confession: I've cropped the foreground out of my blog photo). Well this is why we should always have a solid plan. (I went straight to it without really resolving what goes in front). Mistake!....(But to be continued!)

Painting: Celeste Bergin, On the Beach II, oil on 24 x 24 gallery wrapped canvas

6 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

Today I see Audrey Hepburn. I know, I'm certifiable. At any rate, despite the lack of pre-planning, I think this is gorgeous! You know I'd give alot to be able to paint like you do, Celeste, or any of the other fabulous artists I follow!

Linda Popple said...

This is so interesting to see what you are doing. I've been influenced by Dan McCaw, too in the last couple of weeks. I pulled out his book and am reading it again. His work is amazing and I am learning more and more from him.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Your progress shots are great and I enjoy hearing your thoughts about it. Lots of paint sounds like a warm up exercise for a workshop with Elio, too!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Yummy .... I love Dan McCaw's work. Each of his paintings read so well. From the values, compositions and subjects as well. Your painting is equally as interesting and I found that I enjoyed reading about your thoughts on your painting. I can't imagine scraping off some of that lovely paint...

PAMO said...

It's beautiful. I look forward to seeing where you go from here.

Trade Your Talent said...

beautiful artwork!