Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wrapping up a painting ......and the rest of the day


I'm nearly finished with this.  I've got to darken the face again and touch up/resolve a few places (then I'll call it complete).


Mufasa sez, "where are you going and why can't I go too?"


I helped Carolyn with the mural again today.... we also went out to lunch at Brasserie Montmartre (a french restaurant. "Yo!"). After lunch we walked to Art Media (in the pouring rain) and bought art supplies.


Check out this snowy owl that is "flying" in a store window downtown. I like how the building across the street figures into this photo.  (Raven and Owl is at SW Park & Morrison until May 31).

I always feel so lucky that I live in Oregon. No matter where you look and how "ordinary" the street...it's not ordinary at all. When it rains (like today) things look extra green. I never get tired of the green! :)

(Top photo) Painting, Celeste Bergin, On the Fence, (Homage copy of famous Ilya Repin painting) oil on 11 x 14 stretched canvas

11 comments:

-Don said...

Another non-stop art day in the life of Celeste Bergin. You never cease to amaze me with your boundless energy and enthusiasm for everything art. On the Fence is coming along beautifully, Mufasa is beautiful, that lunch looks outstanding, and I love the green after a rain, too... (not that I get to see that much here in the desert.)

-Don

Manel said...

Para mí està ya muy bien así. Felicidades por tu trabajo, Celeste.

rob ijbema said...

so playfull...all of it!

Susan Roux said...

Don is right. Your days always seem filled with art in every context. Your painting is coming nicely. Have you enjoyed developing this further?

Carrie H. said...

I like your precariously perched girl on a limb..... and where exactly was that owl?
I think it looked pretty cool.
Good gravy, I hope that mural is finished now!

Linda Popple said...

Love this more with each post!!

L.W.Roth, said...

There's a vicariousness to this painting that's intriguing. It's in the position of the figure and the treatment of the figure.

Pam Holnback said...

Love the highlights on this piece and I so enjoy looking at the photos!

hw (hallie) farber said...

I love this. Because of the colors it reminds me that people, sky, wooden fence--all part of the same stuff. We're all just hanging out for a while.

Dan Kent said...

Well, another busy week and I come over and have tons of Bergins to enjoy. Wow! Love seeing the step by step on this one. Just love how you try different approaches and can paint so many different subjects (and in different mediums) so well. I love the landscape in the last post. And I have subscribed to Duane Keiser's blog (so you enhance my life in many ways). I love the owl photo with the clever use of the reflection. Finally, I hear what you say about Oregon - but why do I have the feeling that you would say the same thing wherever you were to be..

Sadami said...

Dear Celeste,
I love your figures. I feel your very humane eyes and a great sense of humour.
Cheers, Sadami