Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sketching after the PPASP meeting at Carolyn's (july 12, 2011)

Watercolor sketch: Celeste Bergin, Money Jar, wc and ink on 6 x9

Watercolor sketch: Celeste Bergin, Purple Flowers, wc and ink on 6 x9

(Table at Carolyn's)
As is our Tuesday tradition, Carrie and I sketched at Carolyn's (we never get tired of this). To see what the others did,  go HERE.

In other news, my car "Honey" went to the hospital today to have her crankshaft looked at...bye Honey, come home soon! xoxoxox!

Carrie and I also stopped at Art on Broadway today, we know several of the artists who show there, and we thought today would be a good day to have a look around. Nice place!

7 comments:

Dan Kent said...

Wow - I take a break from online, and I am a world behind on your blog! You are so prolific and varied. Love your work! (As if you didn't already know.) I like to think that if I had time, I'd be as prolific, but I'd probably just sleep -lol. Anyway, you are just great in watercolors. It blows my mind every time I see it because I know you most frequently work in oil. I especially like the "Money Jar". And looking back over what I missed, my favorites for what it is worth are "Floral", "At the Diner", and "Among the Trees".

martinealison said...

Bonjour,
Je n'ai jamais travail avec des encres... et je suis en ravissement en observant vos deux dessins... un beau travail de "l'essentiel à la précision"...
J'espère que votre "titine" n'aura pas besoin d'une longue hospitalisation... !!
Bisous

Dave Starr said...

Hey I used to own a TR4. I know how those cars wriggle their way into the heart. The money jar is good, you'll need to add more coin to keep that car maintained.

Dave Starr said...

Are you doing the Hillsboro Plein Air Event?

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Flowers and crank shafts are unlikely combinations that, nonetheless, are typical of most of our lives.

AutumnLeaves said...

I especially like this money jar, Celeste! But of course, I always love your work and enjoy my visits to BtS. Your car is just exquisite! I'm surprised to see the old OR plates on it!

hw (hallie) farber said...

I always love your sketches--hope your Honey gets home soon.