Monday, August 29, 2011

Day Five, Submission Art Day and meeting up with Joe, Sue & Gregg

Today was the day we turned in our plein air art to the Columbia Art Gallery. We were scheduled to paint in Downtown Hood River, but I didn't see anyone painting on the streets. I finally ran into Joe Howard and he told me he was meeting up with Gregg Caudell at the Woman's Forum Overlook in Corbett. I decided to see what the weather was there. When I arrived I could see that it would be a no-go for painting..totally socked-in. Gregg and Joe decided to skip the painting also and so we all stood in the parking lot, discussing the Group of Seven. Gregg told us about his new extra-length paint brushes that he learned about from Simon Kogan. (There is a short slide show up about the final day...go have a look at it HERE).

(Top photo) Painting: Celeste Bergin, (From my archives) Yellow House in Downtown Hood River, oil on 8x8 canvas panel (2006) SOLD


(L to R, Gregg, Joe and Sue Howard, Me). Gregg shows his extra-length paintbrush

8 comments:

Dave Starr said...

extra length paintbrush? I guess!

Dave Starr said...

I am so intrigued by that paintbrush I forgot to mention I like the painting. I will be coming out to see the show I hope on Friday

Celeste Bergin said...

Great, Dave! I will be looking for you. Make sure you come early (2pm) and you will see the demonstration painting. See you Friday :)

Susan Roux said...

NIce house. Is that really a paintbrush? It looks more like a walking stick!

AutumnLeaves said...

Love that gorgeous house with the amazing landscaping!

hw (hallie) farber said...

I was unconnected for a few days. I'm caught up on your slide shows and can't wait to see your submissions. That is a big paintbrush!

Carolyn Rondthaler said...

Love your talk about the Group of Seven and the paintbrush is extraordinary. I also like the idea that sometimes the painting conditions aren't great, but artists still can talk about art. Good save!

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This fabulous work with us
Good creations