Sunday, August 28, 2011

Plein Air, Day Four, Gorge Crest Vineyard, August 28, 2011

When I first started painting one of my painting instructors complained that my painting was "brushy". I am sorry to report that today I was again guilty as charged (years later). Funny how one can fall back so easily on whatever their really bad habit is.  Well, I'll take solace in the color notes I put down, and the day at Gorge Crest Vineyard was superb... despite the fact my plein air painting effort is unbloggable.
When I got home I put together my paintings for submission tomorrow. (There is one more day of painting; the final day's location is Downtown Hood River). Our paintings are due in the Gallery by 5pm. I'm ready! I edited well and I've got good paintings to submit. To see a slide show of Day four...go HERE.

Top photo: my paintings, ready for submission, (paperwork complete too)!


7 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

Sigh...and here I was in blog heaven thinking of pizzas. Ah well...at least you got your submissions ready to go and you have enough to choose from. Somehow I doubt your paintings could ever be unbloggable. Still and yet, I suspect we will be thrilled to see your next "paint overs!"

Libby Fife said...

Celeste-
I have been enjoying the paintings and the photos so thank you. Oregon really is so beautiful.

I laughed though about your comment regarding what your instructor said-that your paintings were too "brushy." I call what I think you are describing as "jabby." I am going to use your term now. Well, hopefully I won't have to use it too often now that I can name it!

Have a great Monday!

Casey Klahn said...

Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

Hi Celeste, it is Carla Dutton. I met you last year. I can't wait to see all the paintings that were painted in the slide shows. I look forward to the plein air show in HR every year. I never have enough nerve to try to get into it. Maybe next year I might feel adequate to make the attempt. Plein air painting is hard. I will see you at the reception. I wish you'd put up the brushy painting, so I could see what brushy is.

billspaintingmn said...

Celeste! Brushy is good! It's a painting signature.

The word "unbloggable" has a humor like quality.
Reminds me when Daffy Duck says despicable.
Thanks for a positive post of artists being artists!

Dean H. said...

Enjoyed the photos, Celeste! Good luck at the gallery.

Jenny Schouten Short said...

Did you know Titian was the first artist to show his brush strokes and be known to do so? Before that artists made a big effort to not show them. He was the first painterly painter. I an enjoying your plein-aire paintout. xo Jenny