Saturday, August 27, 2011

Plein Air, Day Three, Mosier Plateau, August 27, 2011

What a great day! I saw so many artist friends and the writers were out in force today too. (Writers have their own competition that is part of the overall event also). I got to the location late-ish...many of the artists had been painting for quite awhile before I got there. As I traipsed around the sun got brighter and hotter!  After a leisurely lunch at 10 Speed Coffee in Mosier, I finally located a perfect shady spot.  It's days like today that I feel so fortunate to live in Oregon! Have a look at the Day three slide show HERE.

Painting: Celeste Bergin, In the Gorge, oil on 9x12 canvas panel

9 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

I really like the atmosphere in this, Celeste. I like the distant hills and water behind the trees. Great colors in the trees and good composition. Nice job!

Rachel Harvey said...

I agree with the first poster-- fantastic atmosphere! those trees are incredibly evocative.

Jenny Schouten Short said...

I'm getting hooked on your wonderful pleinair paintings. What kind of easel do you use? I'm going to have to get one when I get to Texas this fall. xo Jenny

Casey Klahn said...

What a great event you have there! If I weren't going to market next week, I'd try to join you all. Rats!

Sadami said...

Hi,Celeste,
Very nice work and the wonderful event. You're always popular among friends!
Cheers,Sadami

Dan Kent said...

I've been following along but have not had time to comment. I love the light feel to this one and the last two. What a beautiful area you live in, even more so when it is sunny. So painterly. And the clouds are stunning!

AutumnLeaves said...

What a gorgeous view and beautiful painting! Sounds like you had a perfect day.

billspaintingmn said...

I really enjoy this post Celeste! Your painting has all the elements of a fun, relaxing moment.

It's helpful to see artists painting in groups. Thanks for sharing this. Very inspirational.

Tim Robinson said...

This plein-eir study is excellent.