Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sketch day

Tuesdays are always so much fun! I went to the breakfast meeting, then we went to Carolyn's for sketching. After all that I got to go pick up my beloved car "Honey" from Reborn Automotive. They did a wonderful job on her and she is running like new! I'm so excited because they told me they feel very confident she will pass DEQ. One might think at 36 years old that she would be exempt from emissions testing...but no. Honey is a 1975 (the very first year emission control requirements "began") so she'll never be exempt! It's always a challenge to get her through that test. Well, it was fabulous to get her back today...welcome home, Honey! xoxoxoxoxo!

Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Carolyn's Flats, watercolor & ink on 9x12 paper
Bottom photos: "Honey"


11 comments:

martinealison said...

C'est fini, on oublie l'usure des chaussures!!! En avant pour de nouvelles aventures avec votre jolie voiture...
Toutefois, très charmant dessin que celui de ces souliers...
Gros bisous

Carol Lee Beckx said...

Such a cool car...

Ralph said...

I am smiling I think this car has a lot of deep and wonderful memories. You speak to it like alover.

AutumnLeaves said...

I love when you all get together to sketch. And quite honestly, I can see the honey in that car. She's a beauty!!

Dan Gliubizzi said...

Hi Celeste, I always like your sketches and the freedom of line that is natural with sketches anyway, but you add that swatch of color always in the right spot!
I am glad that your car is back. There are three spitfires in my area that always catch my eye. My 1983 Porsche is currently in my garage...in a coma!

Libby Fife said...

Go Honey, Go!

PS-I had a 1973 BMW 2002-great car but oh, the upkeep!!!:):)

Caio Fern said...

you have no ideas how much I love this work.
and Honey is my age :)1975

Kim said...

Love the car but those flats are rockin'!!!

SamArtDog said...

Carolyn has the cutest shoes, and you always make them look so.
Congratulations, Honey, on your rebirth. You're a real Spitfire!

Jani Lori said...

Oh Honey is a beauty!

hw (hallie) farber said...

Love the shoes. Emissions inspections in MD were tough--would cleavage help? Great car.