Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wednesday--!


I'm on Jury Duty!  During our lunch break today I walked to Art Media and bought some new pens. I tested them out by scratching out a few people before going back to work at the Courthouse. I had the coolest urban (slash) cyber experience yesterday, I noticed someone on the street only to find out later that he "knew" me from our respective blogs! I've embarrassed him, I am sure, by flat out telling him that I took special note of him because he is a "dashing" figure (but he is). Find out his side of the story HERE. (He's a fantastic artist....check out his amazing portrait of Caio).

Sketch: Celeste Bergin, People at Lunch, pen on 6x9 paper

6 comments:

Dave Starr said...

Nce that a fellow blogger recognized you. I admire your scratched out people. This makes me want to buy pens

AutumnLeaves said...

Hah! Fabulous story of meeting an artist blogger friend. What a coincidence! Love these little sketches. The profile is especially wonderful and reminds me of an actor from long ago (though I'm not positive of which one)...

Dan Kent said...

I had a ball when I was in jury duty, sketching folks in the "big room". The only problem was that every time I was hitting my stride, they would call me in to sit on a panel! I couldn't sketch in there, as I figured it would be disrespectful to the process but oh it was so tempting.

As for Mr. Everest - you live in the same city for heavens sakes! Now if you bumped into me, that would be something..

Dean H. said...

Great story about your lives crossing paths.
Love the fresh look of the line drawings!

Linda Popple said...

Great story, Celeste! I visited Gary's blog and he is a fantastic artist and his portrait of Ciao is amazing. Another blog to follow ..... :-)

hw (hallie) farber said...

Sketching and jury duty--you're always busy.