Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday!

Here is an intentionally patchy loose sketch of a woman. (Are women of ill repute still called "loose women"?) I had some fun using a liberal amount of green. See that area in the lower right corner that is light? It's not painted that way, it is the sun hitting the surface. I have never put a shade on my window in Der Bunker studio. Sunshine is certainly nice, but it is also aggravating when it is bouncing off of a white canvas.  I paint outside often enough, you wouldn't think it would trouble me much. Still, as I painted this I mentally put a pull down shade on my to-do list. Hey....what did you do today?

Oil Sketch, Celeste Bergin, Color Study/Female model, oil on 9x12 canvas panel

8 comments:

Dan Kent said...

Very nice! The green actually works - it makes her shine! And with orange! Who'd've thought?

What did I do today? I actually painted on canvas today (with acrylic)! Trying to do some of what you do. Take Six on this picture, I think (I am losing count). No alla prima for me. It won't see the light of day until I get it where I want it. I love doing it though.

-Don said...

My Thursday consisted of finally being able to put my Mac back together, going for a job interview, doing a painting demo, taking kids to and from school, painting for a while in the studio, and finally getting to spend time online visiting some of my favorite blogs.

I love your "loose" woman. She's hot.

-Don

AutumnLeaves said...

Never a fan of nudes, I do have to say that this one is stunning, Celeste. Doesn't bring out the embarrassment in me as they usually do. Ok. I admit it. I'm a prude. Sigh...

Totally beautiful and such gorgeous and rather unexpected palette. I love this piece!

RH Carpenter said...

This is really beautiful - the loose style fits her and the unusual colors work well. What I did yesterday - 2 loads of laundry, watched the U.S. Open tennis matches after a frustrating rain delay, got in some exercise, watched some more tennis, caught up on some blogs - and I thought about painting but didn't do it.

Linda Popple said...

I love this! The loose brush strokes and the colors all work together on your subject.

Yesterday I started a painting and then drove to help my daughter-in-law. She is feeling the reactions of chemo this week and I am fortunate to live nearby and lend a hand when needed. :-)

33905 Mini Storage said...

Its nice painting, the loose style really fits her.

hw (hallie) farber said...

I painted on Thursday but nothing as interesting as this.

Dave Starr said...

Nice!