Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thursday!

Oil Sketch, Celeste Bergin, Rescue Boat on the Portland Steamship, oil on 12x9 canvas panel

Photo credit: Jerry Mack

We had another art-breakfast meeting today, this time at Bread & Ink in Hawthorne. Afterwards, some of us met up with Brooks Hickerson for the Portland Steamship paint out. I just did a couple of oil sketches, but I plan on going back in the future to do some more. It was a lot of fun to paint on the deck. The Oregon Maritime Museum is joining with the Oregon Society of Artists to put on a "tandem" exhibit of some of the Steamship paintings in 2012. You can see a slide show of our day: HERE.

9 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

What a great opportunity! And, a subject near to my heart, too. Next time I hope to join you all, too.

AutumnLeaves said...

Can't wait to see more of this day, Celeste. Lovely sketch; will you do a full painting of your day later?

Sadeu said...

very good paintings : )

Libby Fife said...

Love the blue and red orange of the water and boats! Boats are a hard shape too.

Your friend Brooks looks like he is having too much fun! I popped over to his blog and just think his sketches are wonderful. Thanks for that link.

L.W.Roth, said...

What a great way to spend the day. Your happy palette made me want to seek out what plein aire fun there is to be had in this area.

Linda Popple said...

Catching up on blogs. You are one of my favorites so I'm coming back later to take in all you did this week. The deck would be a wonderful place to paint. The opportunities are endless!

Catch ya' later ..........

Dean H. said...

What a great spot with plenty of inspiration to draw upon!
Love your painting and the slide show, Celeste!

billspaintingmn said...

Thanks for the rescue boat friend!

I needed that!:)

hw (hallie) farber said...

Nice rescue boat and I enjoyed the slide show--an arty-looking group.