Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tuesday~!

On Tuesdays, after the regular breakfast meeting, we often have the "meeting after the meeting" at Carolyn's (where we sketch a few straight-forward items and have a 2nd visit). It's fun! A favorite Tuesday subject for me has become Carolyn's shoes. She always has a nice variety of shoes to choose from. I liked how these came out today....because I used that "less is more" approach. Other sketches from the "meeting after the meeting" are HERE.

Color Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Carolyn's shoes, watercolor on 6x9 gessoed paper

8 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I always love your 'after breakfast meeting' posts. Love the shoes .... really well done.

AutumnLeaves said...

Love it when you do shoes! Trying to figure out if this is same pair I have...!

Virginia Floyd said...

Very nice! Just enough color..I like the hint of red with the blue. Mostly though, it's the graphic quality of black and white. Very appealing.

Kim said...

Love these!!!

Linda Popple said...

Love this sketch, Celeste! Now on to see what everyone else did ......

L.W.Roth, said...

What is is with women and shoes? I love to sketch them, you sketch them, Evelyn sketches them. I guess they're footy LOL. It must be nice to get together with others of our kind over breakfast. I'll have to scout around and see if there's an art breakfast club in my neck of the woods meanwhile I'll investigate the talent in your clotch.

Dean H. said...

A great take on the pair of shoes with the less is more approach, Celeste.
Although an identical pair, they each appear different (that is different details are visible) due to how the light strikes them...Well done!

Dave Starr said...

a scorching bit of sunshine hit these shoes