Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday--!

Here is my new large painting installed today in the "eight+" show at O'Connor's .
Painting: Celeste Bergin, Moroccan Market, oil on 36x36 gallery wrapped canvas

Carrie and I dropped by George Broderick's beautiful show in the Loaves & Fishes Building in Multnomah Village. (Gallery Director Stephen Graham on left, Gallery founder Amy Henderson on right) 

I enjoyed how Amy & Company canted some of the paintings upwards for better viewing.

Carrie and I also managed to find some time to sketch today ..check out our drawings HERE.

10 comments:

hw (hallie) farber said...

Your painting looks perfect hanging in O'Connor's. Now I'll check out the drawings........

Dave Starr said...

your large painting looks strong

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
Maroccan market looks splendid,
Leaky roof not too good for your hearth! The only decent thing the Beck's, my favorite! You are a Vulcano; thanks for sharing!

Linda Popple said...

Love your painting and as always, a very interesting post.

AutumnLeaves said...

Always love seeing your paintings hang in O'Connor's, Celeste. The gallery for the show is beautiful and quite an excellent idea in canting some of those pieces for better showing/viewing. All that color is exactly how I remember Portland itself being.

Libby Fife said...

That is a nice looking venue and of course, your painting looks super!

Kim said...

Ah - it looks fantastic hanging there! I adore the beer and onion rings you did. Celeste - what do you use to colour in your sketches? I'd like to get cracking on sketching this wonter. Is it watercolour - and a watercolour pad sketchbook? It doens't appear to be warping anywhere. Very dynamic ; )

Marie Theron said...

I love that large painting and admired the detail in your older post!

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks for your comments, Hallie, Dave, Mariano, Linda, Sherry, Libby, Kim, and Marie!
Kim, I used a staedtler mars Fine tip black pen together with two gray Pitt "Manga" pens. The Manga pens in gray tones are very cool for sketching!

Celeste Vaught said...

What a great painting!