Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday!

Do you remember the skewed buildings painting I started awhile back? I wrote that it might fly or might not. It did not..so I am painting something new over the top of it. My plan is to paint this new painting in 2 or 3 sessions, so I am showing just a detail of it today. If it doesn't work out, I'll sand it down and paint it  over it yet again! (I've learned that a painter requires this resilient attitude).

Google/Blogger has a new template called "Dynamic Views"...it is BEAUTIFUL! Google/Blogger lets you can apply the design to your existing blog to see if you like it. Wow--I liked it all right, but ALAS, it makes you do away with the sidebar, all your links, your email subscription box, your profile (well, all your widgets). I went straight back to my old blog template (which I am a little tired of), but if you don't care about your sidebar, you might like the change.

Here is how my blog looked in "magazine" view, one of the 7 views available in "Dynamic Views". ooooooo, nice design.
(click to enlarge):


Learn more:

9 comments:

conservativelybohemian said...

Celeste, this is so romantic, so beautiful and dreamy. I love the palette and for some reason I am thinking of the Impressionists. Or is this more of a romantic style? No matter; I love it!!

Dave Starr said...

Is that manganese blue in the water? I really hope you don't paint over this one. I could go ahead and use the new blogger template since I don't have any infomation on my blog anyhow

Dave Starr said...

I'm probably going to take that Jacobsen class youll be there right?

Sadami said...

Hi,Celeste,
The painting's colours are so lovely, which makes me smile. Keep up. Thank you for the info on "dynamic view."
Cheers,Sadami

IB138 said...

I just want to let you know, Celeste, how much I look forward to your post. Art and Poetry speaks to my soul. Thank you.

Peace * Health * Love

~ IB138 ~


Everything Strength
IronBearFitness

Carrie H. said...

Hey, great excuse to start another blog!
I'm not bored enough yet with the existing format.

martinealison said...

Un somptueux jeu de lumière et de couleurs se dessine déjà... J'ai hâte de voir sa progression...
Gros bisous

Linda Popple said...

Love the blue in your painting and look forward to seeing the final.

I have my mug shot paintings on Dynamic View. This new format is really nice, but as you said you can't put anything else on it. However, I do like the clean look. So I have added another blog.

Virginia Floyd said...

I love the bright blue in the water! Gorgeous!