Tuesday, November 29, 2011

At the Chinese Garden


I went to the Tuesday meeting today (check it out HERE). "The meeting after the meeting" was different today...we usually sketch together, but today we each had other things we had to do. I still got in a couple sketches, however, when I visited the Portland Chinese Garden downtown. I stopped in the Tea House and drank some Chrysanthemum tea. This was a first for me...it is served in a lovely single tea cup. The woman who served it had to explain to me how to drink from it. (You use the lid to hold the flowers back from your lips).



9 comments:

SamArtDog said...

What a lovely cuppa tea.
And another great hat!

Olivia said...

Hi Celeste, happy to find your blog! I spent good time with your posts ! Cheers. Olivia.

martinealison said...

Une manière très agréable de déguster une tasse de thé... la marier à un croquis intensifie ce doux moment...
Bisous

Caio Fern said...

LOVE EVERYTHIUNG ABOUT THIS POST

Libby Fife said...

I noticed that hat too:) Looks like a fun outing and who couldn't use a cup of tea on a cold day?

conservativelybohemian said...

I so love your hat!! You are a cutie, Celeste. As to the tea? A big nothankyou! LOL Love the sketch; is it the same one you are working on in the photo? I also wondered what happened to the meeting after the meeting as I always look forward to those posts. Not surprised that everyone had things to do, places to go, people to see with the holidays upon us. By the way...I read an article on the internet that said THE place to go to meet the "weirdest" people was Portland! LOL Had to laugh because when you read the article, it doesn't really call anyone weird, but describes what makes it so. I think I was on MSN when I saw the title of the article and had to read it. I LOVE Portland!

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks Sam...Olivia....Martine.....Caio....Libby and Sherry!
yes Sherry...Portlanders are....uh.....different! (--you are allowed to make fun since you are a former Pacific Northwesterner (So drinking flowers seems weird to you? haha...!)

Anonymous said...

That cup of tea would not be my cup of tea. I just an Earl Gray type. Nice sketch of the cup!

Sheryl

Dave Starr said...

yes to the hat yes to the sketch yes to the woodwork no to the tea