Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Things from my day to share with you

My photography of my last painting was unsuccessful, so I have to re-shoot it. Meanwhile, I do have things from my day to share with you. 

I painted this floral painting & I'll decide later if I want to do more to it.

On the way downtown I saw these pigeons evenly spaced on the street lights (and the photo was taken through the blue tint at the top of the windshield)

I got a surprisingly good parking spot right in front of City Hall

The "Occupy Portland" people were busy occupying the park across the street. 

This is one of the three paintings I delivered for the show at City Hall. 
(And you are invited to the reception on First Thursday)

"Nature in our City (Parks!)" art show will open on Thursday, November 3 from 5:30-9:00 PM in Portland City Hall, 1221 SW 4th, Portland, OR and will run until November 30.

I also went to the usual PPASP meeting this morning. You can see the "pictorial recap" HERE.  It was a good day....hope yours was a good one too!

(Top painting): Celeste Bergin, Floral, oil on 8x8 canvas panel
(Bottom painting): Celeste Bergin, Mt. Tabor Park Sunset, oil on 20x20 stretched canvas

8 comments:

Jan Yates, SCA, Canada said...

oh i hope you decide to leave the top painting as is-those edges-and lack thereof-and movement -give it such an intriguing ethereal look

Michael Lindstrom said...

You knocked that still life out of the park sister... Amazing colors and earth tones, so beautifully painted. Great job Celeste! Good luck at the show.

Jane said...

Both gorgeous!!

conservativelybohemian said...

What a busy girl you were yesterday!! Love the floral piece; just has such a classic feel to it. Any time you can get a good parking space, it has to be a great day!!

billspaintingmn said...

The floral is beautiful!
Those pigeons are giving each other there space!
If you don't fight city hall, they give you good parking!
Camping out and hot coaco is all they will get.
That landscape is the end of yet another beautiful day!
Thank you Celeste for sharing your day, and art with the world!

Carrie H. said...

"Livin Right'
Hope it is a good day with the model tomorrow.

L.W.Roth, said...

The city hall entry is just stunning Celeste--your handling of lights and darks took my breath away--it wasn't harsh, but gentle--a lovely,peaceful scene. It should bring all sorts of attention your way. The flowers are totally different, lots of energy and vibrant color.

A prime parking place is always something to celebrate especially when you have precious cargo to deliver.

Libby Fife said...

So glad that was one of the paintings that you delivered. I like it a lot:)