Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thursday!

I went down to see the "Nature in the City (Parks!)" show at City Hall today. There is a reception tonight, but sadly I have to miss it.  On the bright side, it was nice to see the show without a crush of people. I hope some of my plein air friends who go to the reception will share their photos with me later. City Hall is a really beautiful place to show art and I feel privileged to have my work displayed there.

Top Photo: Oil sketch: At the exhibit, oil on 8x8 stretched canvas

 I have three paintings in the exhibit. Here I am posing next to my painting of Mt. Tabor Park.
Do you like my cool black and white hat? (I got it awhile back and it is plenty cold enough to wear it today). 

This space will be filled with art appreciators later tonight for First Thursday. I like how the organizers handled the display and the art looks great in this gorgeous atrium.  All the artists who are participating in "Nature in the City (Parks!)" have agreed to donating a portion of sales to the Willamette Stewarship Program and the show will be up until November 30.

Portland City Hall, 1221 SW 4th Avenue, Portland OR

18 comments:

Marie Theron said...

A nice layout for a show, Celeste! I just love you rendering of figures and wish-wish I could master that technique!

Jane said...

Love the painting, your hat and the exhibition place.
Your hat is really super!

Sharon Wright said...

The sketch is magic, and both you and your painting are stunning. Good luck, hope you sell them all!

conservativelybohemian said...

You look smashing, my friend! Your painting is amazing. I am sitting here trying to figure out how you've achieved that color on the background. I thought a bit of whitened yellow ochre, but I think I'm seeing some blue beneath. I could study this for awhile!

Manel said...

Me gustan mucho estas obras tan sintéticas. Me gustaría poder hacer algo así. Felicidades!

Libby Fife said...

It is always so wonderful to see the paintings in context. You (and the painting) look super!

RH Carpenter said...

Very nice place to have a show (Gary Everest just took us on a jog ending at City Hall and one of your paintings) and love the hat! Good luck and good for you, donating some of the proceeds :)

Pam Holnback said...

I do like your hat. And, like the looseness and values in the top piece.

Michael Lindstrom said...

Congratulations on the show Celeste, it looks great! The hat is awesome.

billspaintingmn said...

You know Celeste, you are a living piece of art!
How you continually create and display is inspirational. I admire your ability to stay on track and make art with such emotion.
I hope I don't sound (too) sappy, I'm just sayin' :)

Eric Bowman said...

Nice painting Celeste! (cute shot of you in your hat too :)

SamArtDog said...

Good sketch of the exhibit! Nice light in it. The exhibit space is wonderful, as are your painting, your hat and the very good photo down upon it all. Kudos to whomever took that.

L.W.Roth, said...

Your hat is spectacular, as is that painting. Gary's blog did a nice job of filling me in on the grand spot where you are standing with your entry. The lighting looks excellent for showing off the art.

Mariano Zucchi said...

Hi Celeste,
Great space for the show and your painting looks Faboulus!!! Your hat even more; like it a lot, you look like the Queen of England just much better! Happy painting.

hw (hallie) farber said...

A really cool hat--I can spot you easily from above. I like the quiet of "At the exhibit."

Carolyn Rondthaler said...

Your work looked great in the show, Celeste....and I,of course, loved the hat.

Dan Kent said...

Cool hat! I love the "At the Exhibit" painting. Such a cool feel - again so much with minijal detail or perhaps because of the minimal detail. You look great underneath the Mt Tabor painting, congrats for your inclusion in such a fine exhibit.

Dave Starr said...

I am sorry I missed you (again) at City Hall--great show! Storm at Elk Island was my fav (nice hat btw)