Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tuesday~!

Today I went to the Breakfast meeting at O'Connor's. It's always fun to take in a painting or two and see what other painters bring in also. I like this truck painting because it is a good example that proves that a seemingly complex subject is really a bunch of simple shapes placed next to one another. After the meeting Carrie and I wound up at a favorite place, Verde Cocina, for some sketching.

What about you...did you have an artful Tuesday?

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Old Truck, oil on 9x12 canvas panel

7 comments:

Dave Starr said...

I agree that good drawing should be simple. I continue to make it harder than it needs to be. Really enjoy this loose painterly painting!

graziano tessarolo said...

Bello ben fatto. Beautiful well done.. Ciao Graziano

conservativelybohemian said...

What gorgeous color! I so love old vehicle paintings. I am not sure why, but they draw me in every time. Maybe because my dad and my grandpa were into working on cars and both Michael and I love old cars and have more than once gone to car shows that showcase their lasting beauty. Don't you dare stop blogging, running out of material or not! I'd miss you too much!

Libby Fife said...

Are you ever right about that! If you can get down to the shapes then, well, you are in good shape!

Nancy Colella said...

Love this painting of the truck! So loose and simple yet it says so much! Great job!

Pam Holnback said...

Great advise that we've heard, but need to be reminded about! Love the looseness and light.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Your cars are almost human.