Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday!

 Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Chair, pencil on 6x9 paper

Agree!

I went to Hood River this morning.. there was an unusual spot of yellow orange in the sky that I tried to capture in this photo. The camera didn't pick up what I saw...but I like the photo anyway.

 I got to see the "Trash 2 Art" exhibit at the Columbia Art Gallery
I especially enjoyed these shovels that were cut into intricate designs. 

....And this...once a mundane wheelbarrow and now a filigreed objet d'art.
Not something you see everyday!

That's my Friday...what about yours? Was there some art involved in your day?

8 comments:

hw (hallie) farber said...

I do draw every day. Today I went through piles of drawings--what to keep; what to pitch. In the end, I keep the piles--they're interesting. Looks like you had a great day.

SamArtDog said...

I eat an apple every day. I walk the dog every day. I draw most days. Missing any of them makes life shorter.

martinealison said...

Il est toujours bon de faire des croquis si petits soient-ils...
Une visite très agréable au musée en ce qui vous concerne...
merci pour ce partage photographique. J'aime beaucoup la brouette avec le papillon.
Gros bisous

CrimsonLeaves said...

Perfect perspective on this chair with its fabulous lines. What a lovely exhibit of objets d'art too! Love the concept of trash to art. The only thing I manage daily is work. I do THINK about art daily though...

Libby Fife said...

I love those shovels! I try to do a little something everyday that is arty, husband related and cat related:)

Celeste Bergin said...

Martine wrote:

It's always good to make sketches so small they may be ...
A visit to the museum in very nice about you ...
thank you for sharing this photo. I love the wheelbarrow with the butterfly.
big kiss

(Thanks Martine!)

Dave Starr said...

guilt trip! I don't draw everyday--but maybe I'll start

Virginia Floyd said...

I SHOULD draw every day, but I don't.

Thanks for sharing your photos from the exhibit. I love the wheelbarrow and the shovels!