Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday .....!

Today I took a painting to the Cascade Aids Project (CAP) for their art auction. Donated paintings are juried, so that the caliber of the art will be high. Wish me luck! (It will be awhile before I'll find out if my painting was accepted. I'll post the painting if it gets in...but not before,  I don't want to jinx it). After I turned in my painting I asked the staff if I could photograph them and they so nicely posed for me! Thanks, CAP!

Later tonight I went to Janet's Art Studio (in a great house on NE Fremont) for a life painting session. The scheduled model didn't show up, so Janet's daughter Erica pinch hit for us. Erica was a great model and she wore a hat that made her look kind of 1940-ish. To see what everyone else did, go HERE.


Oil Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Erica, oil on 16x20 canvas panel

10 comments:

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Celeste,
Very nice of you to donate a painting to the CAP auction. You're not alone, as I donated one of the two works I have currently in the Rental/Sales Gallery.
I'd received notice to pick it up since it hadn't rented in a long time, so I decided I'd throw it in with the other gallery member's donations.
Like you, I'm waiting to see if it gets juried into the auction before posting it. I hope I let them have a "winner"! Such a wonderful cause deserves success.
Have a great week.
Sincerely,
Gary.

CrimsonLeaves said...

I just so love your portraits and your tendency to color the face and leave the clothes in your original lines. Makes for such a cool look to your portraits. Janet's daughter is a stunner!

Sadami said...

Hi,Celeste,
I love your photo, post and this painting so much!! Yey! Thank you for sharing.
Cheers,Sadami

Linda Popple said...

Good luck with your donated painting!

Love your portrait! Erica is lovely and her hat is a fantastic addition!!

M. J. Muir said...

Good Luck Celeste. I hope the painting you have submitted blows their socks off.
And I love your portrait work. That face captures the attention immediately. There seems to be a story there. Wow. You know your way around with your brushes. I am envious. You make it look so easy.
Have a great week!

M. J. Muir said...

Good Luck Celeste. I hope the painting you have submitted blows their socks off.
And I love your portrait work. That face captures the attention immediately. There seems to be a story there. Wow. You know your way around with your brushes. I am envious. You make it look so easy.
Have a great week!

L.W.Roth, said...

I 'll keep my fingers crossed for you Celeste, but I really don't see them turning you down; your work is great.

Dean H. said...

Great variation between warm and cool colors in the face, Celeste!

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks, Gary, Sherry, Sadami, Linda, MJ, LW and Dean! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a message, I always appreciate it!

Dave Starr said...

I hope to see our paintings at the auction