Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Let me level with you

For the SE Artwalk I decided to go "frameless", using only gallery wrapped canvas or cradled wood panels.  I especially like how contemporary and dimensional the cradled panels look on the center wall.  While I worked on my walls, Gila worked on hers. It rained really hard outside while Chet Baker's music played inside. Gila's new laser level helped me keep things squared up. All that is left to do is labels. I'm ready! (We're #35 on the map)

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Turning Away, oil on 6x12 cradled wood panel

It's hip to be square

12 comments:

SamArtDog said...

From what I can see, your wall looks good. Because you're so good about posting slideshows, I presume we'll get to see more shots of the whole display.
I hope the whole show is a smash. Have fun!

CrimsonLeaves said...

What a beautifully soft and romantic piece! I know your show will be a smashing success!

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

nice painting, I like a lot the light on she

Jane said...

Love the loose way of painting in this nude!

Mary Paquet said...

Love this painting, Celeste. Congratulations on your show.

Michael Lindstrom said...

Lovely painting, you are the queen of figurative! Good luck at the show, i know it's going to be great.

Jan Yates, SCA, Canada said...

another beautiful and lush painting Celeste. Congratulations on the show
* i like this photograph of you deep in contemplation-i suspect this gesture also happens when you are painting;)

L.W.Roth, said...

The wall looks hip Celeste. Square and frameless is the way I like it. I also like the painting; she's got quite a rack. Stripper? Showgirl? Femme a la Toilet? I know the show will be fantastic. This painting is an eye-catcher.

Jani Lori said...

Congtats on the show. Love the hanging. Did you paint around the sides?

hw (hallie) farber said...

Turning Away is beautiful and I love the photo of you. I'm sure it will be a wonderful show.

Sharon Wright said...

Gorgeous, lush painting. And the show is looking good, I wish you sell out success!

Dean H. said...

Ya look like you're all business concentrating on the level! Good photo, Celeste!
I like the figurative. Excellent color variations in the white cloth!