Saturday, February 11, 2012

Friday (Workshop, Day 1)

Today was Day one of my workshop. I got there at 8am, left around 5pm, returned at 8pm and left again around midnight. You might wonder what in the world would account for such a long day. (Our instructor painted a demonstration in the evening). It was a fantastic day, and you'll never believe this, but 14 or 15 hours went by zzzzip! really fast! My painting (above) is about 3/4's of the way finished.

Workshop painting: Celeste Bergin, Still life, oil on 20x20 stretched canvas

(And here is how it looked as I left..It was foggy!) I'm looking forward to tomorrow, I'll be back bright and early.

12 comments:

Jane said...

This painting is fabulous, thought it was a finished work.Really looking forward to seeing the final result!

CrimsonLeaves said...

Now if this doesn't bring spring to mind, I do not know what will! So fresh and bright and very beautiful! And that day would have had me done for good at 5:00 p.m., I think.

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

This painting looks like its gunna be a winner. Did I miss it or did you not mention who the instructor is for your 3 day workshop?

Casey Klahn said...

Yes, whose workshop, please.

I like the idea of an evening painting session.

This will be one of the premier works in your book on still life florals that I am expecting you to do :)

Linda Popple said...

Beautiful! The workshop sounds good and busy! :-)

Carrie H. said...

Lookin' good! You guys must have painted after the demo.

Chris said...

I love your enthusiasm and the painting reflects your joy

Michael Lindstrom said...

The painting is looking great Celeste, i can't wait to see how you finish it. Sounds like an intense workshop, i'm sure you're getting lots out of it. Great going!

Sarah Bachhuber Peroutka said...

Gorgeous! Glad you're enjoying your workshop.

Celeste Bergin said...

Casey, I'd tell you...but then I'd have to kill ya....haha. It's Ovanes Berberian :)

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks, Jane, Sherry, Nancy, Casey, Linda, Carrie, Chris, Michael and Sarah! Appreciate the comments and KUDOS! :)

Casey Klahn said...

Woah. He is the man. When I was in the gallery at The Davenport Hotel, Mr. Berberian's oils were huge and superb.