Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday--(Workshop, Day 2)

On our 2nd day we all moved to a different still life set-up. It seemed like I painted this forever.  After a whole day of steady work I had to finally say goodnight to it. I'm happy with a lot of areas ...but there is plenty yet to resolve (the tablecloth, for example). I've taken some photos, so if I don't get back to it "in life" maybe I can finish it from the reference. In the afternoon some of us broke away for a good lunch at a Thai Restaurant. One more day to go...(.....we don't want it to end!)

Workshop painting: Celeste Bergin, Still life II in progress, oil on 20x20 stretched canvas

(Beginning at left): Quin, Mike, Jim, me, Carol, Stephanie, Thomas & Jodi (with the pretty orange drink!)

11 comments:

Linda Popple said...

I like all the colors in your still life. Looks like a LOT of fun going on!

Casey Klahn said...

It is also a very ambitious still life composition. You are working hard!

Michael Lindstrom said...

Hoo Rah....Looking great C. I am so excited for you to take this workshop. Sounds like lots of fun and i see the influence. Thanks for the updates and have a teriffic sunday!!!!

Jane said...

I can't resist color, love this!

CrimsonLeaves said...

I can't decide if I love your still lifes or your landscape the best! This one is so pretty with gorgeous color and I'm entranced by the light.

L.W.Roth, said...

I agree with Casey. This is an ambitious still life with wonderful colors. Just the challenge for you; I'd pass--lots of work.

B Boylan said...

Thanks Celeste for the posts on the workshop. I'm regretting not being there with all of you, but thoroughly enjoyed the "performance" on Friday night!

M. J. Muir said...

Sounds like a wonderful and happy workshop with really neat painters like yourself.
The paintings are beautiful and look like they were a pleasure to paint with all that luscious color. Joy is in there and it leaps out to us.

Sara Mathewson said...

This is a great still life. beautiful colors!

hw (hallie) farber said...

This is quite different but still has the Bergin touch.

Carrie H. said...

Those are really nice Hydrangeas! I also like the blue jug.