Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday!

Did you have a great Saturday? I did! In the late afternoon I went downtown to the Utrecht store for a couple of things...and then I went to the Love of Portland show at Pioneer Place. I was on the early side...but I got to see some art friends, (Like Chris Haberman, Jodi Burton, Rodica Tichindelean and Janet Amundson-Splidsboel). The People's Art of Portland Gallery in Pioneer Place is a beautiful place for art! The show is up until March 9.

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Water's Edge, oil on 8x8 canvas panel

11 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

Beautiful blues in the sky and water!

Kevin Neal said...

Excellent oil Celeste. Also, thanks for reminding me to get downtown to see the show.

Jane said...

This landscape is truly beautiful, love the looseness and the color choice.

Sheryl Anthony said...

wow--that is one great looking gallery! Love the colored walls in the slide show. Congratulations! Nice painting too, I like to use the word sparkling to describe many of your works.

Casey Klahn said...

This landscape departs in some way for you. I mean you break new ground. That is awesome!!!

My compliments!

Dean H. said...

Love the harmony in this one, Celeste! Your handling of the tree is exceptional!

L.W.Roth, said...

All lines point to the tree, which you handled very well. I agree with Casey, a new type of landscape for you--or old? There's a diagonal line that's rare in your work...lovely colors...lovely diagonal, my favorite. It adds motion/emotion.

diffident.bother said...

Beautiful painting. I love the colors!

Unknown said...

Stunning landscape!

CrimsonLeaves said...

A very gorgeous venue for hanging art indeed. Love the colors! Your landscape is a complete stunner with its soft gentle colors of approaching spring. Beautiful work, Celeste!

Chris said...

great design and color harmony Celeste