Thursday, February 9, 2012

Motley things ....from the past week



I found a good quote!

 I met a dog named Bo at Broderick's Gallery

George's furnace is so visually appealing ...as well as functional

 Monday I went to figure class with Craig Srebnik

 I turned in my painting to the Mayor's invitational in Keizer..(and I later learned it was accepted)

 On the way home from Keizer I photographed the full moon

I'm in a workshop starting tomorrow and going through the weekend..It is sure to be a good one! Tonight I had to tone some canvases according to written instruction. I don't know if I did it right or not! Well, you know, this calls for yet another quote:
Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not.
                                                                        —Virgil Garnett Thomson
(I won't really know if I "like it" or not, until I find out if I did it right!) Hoping you have a great weekend. Will you do something artful?

13 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh to have such an art filled life!! I am in awe of you, my friend! And I tell you, George's heater is beautiful! I love the porcelain Victorian touches. So hope you have a great time this weekend at the workshop. Wish I could go!

Libby Fife said...

Glad that you had such a great week and congratulations on your acceptance in to that show! Good job:)

I had a moderately artful week-stressful, artful, but mostly stressful:)

L.W.Roth, said...

What is "tone a canvas?" I like Bo,I like George's furnace a lot and you make me think I should be getting out more to classes and workshops. I hope you did it right too, whatever it is.
Oh, and congratulations.

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks Sherry, Libby and LW! LW..toning a canvas is applying a wash with a tint so that the canvas is no longer stark white. The teacher uses distilled turpentine with damar varnish and linseed oil plus color. The odor was strong..(.but fortunately I'm not too sensitive to it (like you wrote, that you are). Thanks so much for the comments!

Sheryl Anthony said...

nice art week! Mine was nothing like it lol! my favorite photo is the big yellow dog.

Michael Lindstrom said...

What a POWER PACKED day Celeste. Congrats on getting accepted in the show, outstanding!!!! Love the quotes and i hope the workshop is a great experience. Looking forward to hearing about it.

-Don said...

Now that's what I call living the art life to its fullest! Great quotes and congrats on the acceptance of your work into the Mayor's Invitational. Have fun at the workshop this weekend.

Marilyn R Miller said...

Lovely accounting of your week...We shared the viewing of a great full moon....
Congratulations on entering a show AND being accepted. That always makes everything look better! I always enjoy your posts.

hw (hallie) farber said...

I must be psychic--I knew your painting would be accepted. I'm working on a painting.

Sara Mathewson said...

Congrat's on getting your painting accepted at the Mayor's invitational:)
you are a great role model with all the art stuff you do. Can I ask you what oil paints are your favorites and which mediums do you use? You can answer me after your workshop weekend have fun!

Sara

Dean H. said...

The final touches of color on this floral will make it sparkle, Celeste!

Ya must have been in a great groove for the flying 14 hrs!!...Havin' Fun!

Dean H. said...

I thought I was sending a comment to your Sat post. Then...whoooops...it got shanghaied to this one. Lol

Any how, since I'm here now.....
Congrats on the acceptance!
Have a great time at the workshop today! :)

Linda Popple said...

Congratulations, Celeste! Thanks for sharing your week and looking forward to hearing what you learned in your workshop. I love workshops. Have a great time!