Monday, February 13, 2012

Sunday--(Workshop, Day 3, final day)


Participating in a painting workshop without all the paints on the supply list is a drag! (My paint order did not arrive prior to the workshop as expected and I had to make up for the deficit with my spotty inventory.....pretty frustrating). Despite this significant handicap the workshop was absolutely great and I learned a lot. I feel fortunate to have participated.

Today I worked on yesterday's painting, but it I didn't get it photographed and now it is too dark to get a decent photo of it. During the critique session the instructor compared my painting to another student's and he said "You must learn from one another, you know...that's how they do at the Academie".

 I learned tonight that I won a prize at the Mayor's Invitational that I submitted to last week. (Hooray! Thank you, Judges!) Tomorrow I'm going to practice what I learned over the weekend and catch up on visiting your blogs! :)

RIP Whitney

8 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

I remember when I first went to college after high school. I had a full four year ride, but it didn't completely cover the cost of textbooks as well. I tried getting through some of my classes on notes alone and it was impossible. My point being that I understand what you are saying about being at a disadvantage without all your supplies, in this case, paint. I do suspect, however, that it wasn't too much of a hindrance and you turned out a beautiful piece. Congratulations on your award too!!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I can only imagine how frustrated you much have been with out the paint you were suppose to have.

Congratulations on the win. Are you going to show us the painting that won???

Michael Lindstrom said...

Holy Cow!!!! Look at that palette.... And you say you didn't have all your colors? Wow.... I am certain that you had a blast and learned tons. I am so very happy for you Celeste.
Congratulations on the award!!!! That is so cool!!!!! A weekend for the books!

L.W.Roth, said...

Congratulations! That looks like a full palette to me who is working with just eight--but at this point--keeping life simple is wise. On going education is key. You've convinced me.

L.W.Roth, said...

Congratulations! That looks like a full palette to me who is working with just eight--but at this point--keeping life simple is wise. On going education is key. You've convinced me.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Wonderful news about the prize. Artists are great at improvizing so your fellow students probably learned color mixing from you.

SamArtDog said...

Though you may not have had all your colors, your palette was beautiful. Mixing is half the fun. Emily Carr was also told to learn from the other students in Paris when she was there.

Congrats in the prize! Show the painting when you can.

Sarah Bachhuber Peroutka said...

Yay, Celeste! Way to go! Soooo deserving!