Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday .....!

 This is a simple little oil sketch. I'll likely resolve some shapes to turn it into a painting for the SE Artwalk. I'm going to be at the Lane Gallery with Gila Lane and Photographer Richard Fung on March 4 & 5. I hope you'll come out and see us...(we're #35 on the printable map).

Oil Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Rainwalk, oil on 12x16 cradled panel

I am very much in love with the new paints that I got from RGH and Classic Oil Paints. RGH makes paint available in jars. During the recent workshop I took Kat Sowa showed me how to tamp the paint down and then "float" some linseed oil on top to help prevent dry-out. The colors are beautiful and the prices were good from both companies.

Speaking of my workshop, here is the blue still life that I painted with some additions/revisions. I am going to call it done, even though I  know it should be taken further. I'll do more still life in my studio...it's such a great opportunity to work shapes and color temperature.

 I had a great week..... and I'm hard pressed to figure out which day was best! What about you, art friend...did you have a great week too?

11 comments:

hw (hallie) Farber said...

I am running far behind so I just read your last four entries. That's a lot of paint on your palette; I love Water's Edge and this oil sketch. It was not a great week for me--artwise.

Sheryl Anthony said...

I love the walker in the rain and
I want to try the paints in the jar

CrimsonLeaves said...

One of my favorites, Celeste. I keeping getting new favorites! I love the colors in this piece, and it just has a rich, luscious, and even sensuous feel to it. Glorious hydrangeas!

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oops. Didn't realize the top painting and the luscious still life were on the same post! I love how you have the light limning her uplifted leg. Beautiful detail that many would miss (or at least I would). And awesome tip on keeping oils from drying out. I'm getting ready to start an oil myself. Not my favorite of mediums but one this piece calls for. I think.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

the flowers are great and the man in the rain too, your style is unconfondible

helen said...

Love that rainy day sketch!

Pam Holnback said...

Love the strong contrast and simplicity in the top piece.

Nora MacPhail said...

Your painting 'Sunday' is just lovely. Wonderful body language and I like the turquoise in the light.
Happy Painting,
Nora

Libby Fife said...

This one is really gorgeous! Those colors really sing.

Dave Starr said...

Your umbrella paintings are sure to be popular at the event and I'm really taken with the still life you painted. I am kicking myself that I didn't get into that workshop.

Virginia Floyd said...

I love the blue still life! Such a beautiful color palette.