Thursday, February 2, 2012

Thursday!

 My Wonderful friend Irene turned 81 today.
As is our yearly tradition, we went to Gustav's Restaurant for lunch
and then we came back to my house for birthday banana cream pie!

 Irene's Birthday calls for a photo together!

Later, Gila Lane & I both attended the SE Artwalk business meeting.  (I'll be showing my work at the beautiful Lane Gallery for the SE Art Walk during the first weekend in March).

 After the meeting Marcia Vander Schaaf and I went to the Portland Center for Performing Arts Downtown to check out the Reception for the Come to your Senses Encaustic show. We ran into our Artist Friend Linda Womack.

 A highlight of the evening was also visiting with the incomparable Chris Haberman. I'm participating in his show The Love of Portland beginning Feb 18th. (Here's a great article about Chris).

..The Portland Center for the Performing Arts is very sparkly and beautiful location for an art exhibit. I thought the lights within the countertop of the bar were especially ................nice!

Back to painting tomorrow!

7 comments:

Jane said...

Congratulations to Irene!

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

:-) happy birthday to your friend from me too!

such a nice thing is friendship... i would say that it is the most important thing...

CrimsonLeaves said...

Gosh Celeste. I so wish I had a friend like you nearby. I never hear of or know anything about art shows. When I do, occasionally, they are always pretty far away so I don't make it. If I had the money, I would open my own gallery and display all the works my artist friends want to share.

Sheryl Anthony said...

I agree with Crimson Leaves, I want some in-real-life art friends like you have. Happy Birthday to Irene. Pretty photos of everyone!

Candace X. Moore said...

Celeste, Love your opener about Irene's birthday. It's a privilege to age, she's a lucky woman to be celebrating her 81st b-day with banana cream pie and a good friend.

PS. You're a busy woman.

Linda Popple said...

Happy Birthday, Irene!!

Love all your photos and sharing in your wonderful day!

Dave Starr said...

Happy Birthday Irene