Sunday, February 26, 2012

Visiting Lake Quinault


I'm just home from the Lindstrom's cabin at Lake Quinault (part of the Olympic National Forest) in Washington. We hoped to do a lot of outdoor painting, but the weather didn't cooperate. We did plenty of sightseeing..even though the wind blew a gale and at "Beach 4" we even had a bit of hail.  Yesterday, just so we wouldn't have taken our paints for a 400 mile "ride",  Michael and I painted a still life in the cabin kitchen (great fun)! Today we took a gorgeous hike (in a rain forest) and the sun came out......... Lake Quinault is fantastic and Michael and Vicki are far and away the BEST hosts!

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Wine, Cheese & Apples, oil on 8x10 canvas panel

10 comments:

Victoria Lindstrom said...

Celeste and Dave - We really enjoyed having you guys up to our "neck of the woods!" Hopefully we can do it again when the weather cooperates! See you soon!

Peggy Stermer-Cox said...

Hi Celeste, Lake Quinault is just up the street, sort of! It is beautiful, isn't it? I love the warmth of your still life; wonderful!

I have been watching your paintings; they're so much fun!

sheryl Anthony said...

Hey Celeste, I have not been to the Olympic Penisula, bt your slide show makes me want to go! Your still life is great, nicely done!

Dave Starr said...

Good slide show, it gives a good idea of the area! I have been there. I love the climate, soggy. This is a good painting. I know I should do still life. You make is look easy.

CrimsonLeaves said...

That apple, wine, and cheese look fabulous! A romantic picnic type of meal. I've taken my daughters to Lake Quinalt when we lived out in Washington and they even were able to swim in the lake. I so miss the state. Just absolutely beautiful and the weather was always my kind of weather. Your still life is beautiful and the yellower tones make it feel homey and rustic, as if by candlelight!

Linda Popple said...

Lovely, warm painting. Your photos are so great to see. Beautiful area!!

SamArtDog said...

What a beautiful cabin! We toured the Peninsula for our honeymoon a million years ago. Had a great trip. We dressed our big dog up as a suitcase to get him into motels. It worked.

hw (hallie) farber said...

What a beautiful place. I like your still life and; I've always loved painting in the kitchen (close to food).

Dan Kent said...

I love this. (And that is not a platitude! It never is, with your work. Never.) I am so fascinated that the bright warm color in the background doesn't eclipse the cooler greens and purples in the front.

Casey Klahn said...

I hope you'll paint something from memory of this trip. My stompin grounds. The Klahns pioneered the peninsula.

Your paintings are terrific!