Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday!

This morning when I started my Mac I was greeted by a blue screen. Nothing chills a Mac owner more than the blue screen. Well, good news, the smart people at the "hospital" believe she'll be all right and I'll get her back tomorrow. (All the machines I love are inexplicably female to me).  I am writing from a borrowed computer (one I have no particular affection for, so it is genderless).  For today's post, in honor of "blue" I'm reposting an entry from 2009 .............about a blue sketch.



It is raining today. I still had a pile of blue on my palette from the last time I painted and I had an idea for a "waiting in the rain" image--I just dashed it out as a rough idea. I didn't really intend for it to look so completely despondent...but sometimes things happen that I almost don't have any control over. In the end it reminded me of a Edward Gorey illustration...just not as whimsical. The umbrella looks like a bat and the blue with no relief (like another color) certainly looks ... lonely! I doubt that I'll take the idea any further..but there is no denying that it is interesting.... just as it is!

11 comments:

Sharon Wright said...

Lovely, LOVELY sketch, fabulous composition.

-Don said...

YIKES! I hate the blue screen! I'm glad it turned out to be something minor. I like how your painting seems to sum up those blue screen feelings.

-Don

CrimsonLeaves said...

Interesting as it is is putting it mildly, Celeste. I think this is hauntingly beautiful. I find myself wondering where she is going and why is she running? I like the blue alot!!

Libby Fife said...

I don't know why the color blue feels so "blue"!

I liked the previous post too with the woman. I wish I could see this show:)

Sadami said...

Hi,Celeste,
We have rainy days and fine days. "Let it be" is a wise option. As long as we enjoy sorrows and bad luck, they are no more negative things like you did!
Cheers,wink,wink,Sadami

L.W.Roth, said...

Listen, that's what happens when you are sitting on a bench in the rain with no other colors than blue and a small umbrella; You feel despondent. LOL. Painting is perfect! --Good painting too when computer is in the shop.

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

I know the blau feeling when a mac do it...

Linda Popple said...

Nice sketch. I LOVE my Mac and would be lost without it! Hope you have it back soon and working top notch!

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I haven't been a long time user ... maybe two years, but I fell hard, I'm madly in love with her. I would sob uncontrollably if something happened to her.

I agree with the others, great composition in the 'blue' sketch.

Harry Kent said...

I'm such a sucker for blue! Love what youre doing with umbrellas lately, Celeste. You have such an instinct for their dramatic and emotional potential.

hw (hallie) farber said...

I love the lonely blue sketch.

So I guess you have a Macxine?