Thursday, March 1, 2012

Thursday!

I've probably posted about my pineapple chair before. I painted it about 10 years ago. It was a real one-off, because I've never done anything like it before or since. I like it, because it seems very "happy" and tropical...and I've always had a bit of a "thing" for tropical objects.

Speaking of happy, I am very happy to report that my computer has been brought back to life by the fine people at Power MacPac. While I stood waiting for the service guy to retrieve my beloved machine, I looked up to see several "Think Different" posters hung high near the ceiling. I know that those posters were produced in the late 1990's and they still look great...a fine testament of good design. 


When I sketched this teapot..I confess I was chatting and not really paying proper attention to the subject. It was my little joke to myself to add a smiley face right just as I was "losing" it. (Well, face it, a smile makes everything look better, even a poorly drafted pot). This seems a perfect time to provide a link to my artist friend Annie Salness who had a stroke in 2010. It floors me that Annie can draw and paint so well with her non-dominant (left) hand! Perhaps I should take a chapter from Annie's book and draw the pot with my left hand...(but I know I wouldn't even get close.. I don't know how Annie does it!)

5 comments:

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

:-) Celeste it is so amazing to imagine you in your "ambiente" where you are living... thank you for this intimate part of you, I like the chair and like a lot your white door.. very beauty

i'm happy too to hear that your mac is repaired:-)

CrimsonLeaves said...

Goodness! Love the chair, Celeste, and your teapot looks a zillion times better than anything I could do. Off to visit your friend's blog!

Carrie H. said...

I remember when you did that tea pot. You were getting ahead of yourself and the object was just a little more complicated than you first thought. I liked it for it's no fuss, no muss.

Sheryl Anthony said...

Celeste, the chair festive. Why not do more of them? Apple has always done the best ads! Teapots do look best when they are smiling. Maybe that teapot knows that it is perfectly happy with it's imperfection.

SamArtDog said...

I like how you call the yummy chair a "one-off". Now I know how to explain all of the one-was-quite-enoughs I've done. Somehow, a full set wouldn't be as important.

Glad your baby is home from the hospital!