Thursday, March 22, 2012

Thursday!

This morning I went to an art discussion breakfast at Bread and Ink. Several of the artists brought work to show. You can see the paintings from today HERE.

This evening I attended the CAP Preview Reception in the Lincoln Building downtown. Since 1990 CAP has hosted an art auction and party to raise money to help all infected or affected by HIV/AIDS. The event has grown over the past 20 years and now encompasses 250 works of (juried) art. At the reception I was pleased to see some of my art friends who are also participating in the CAP auction. It is a big honor to be involved and we'll also be attending the big gala in April.

I started a flower study today...but I didn't finish it. I might get back to it later tonight.

 (L to R) Janet's Husband, Janet, me and Jodi

 Bill Sharp, me and Mrs. Sharp

(Top Photo) Unfinished Painting, Celeste Bergin, Floral, oil on 8x10 stretched canvas

8 comments:

Jane said...

The beginning of these flowers is very promising!

martinealison said...

Une peinture qui se trouve être sur une bonne voie... J'ai hâte de la voir achevée.
Merci pour l'ensemble de vos photos qui mettent en évidence une belle journée de partage.
Bisous

CrimsonLeaves said...

The floral is coming along beautifully! I was just looking at art where the artist put all of the details of a piece in the top 1/3 of a painting and left the bottom much as your bottom of the floral is now. It was rather interesting looking. Still, I think the completed version will be even more beautiful!

Maritza said...

Pues, hasta donde veo, una gran obra, preciosa, con tu calidez de siempre, Celeste...

Abrazos, y feliz fin de semana!

Dan Kent said...

It's these process shots that are always great lessons for me. What a cool gathering.

Stephanie Berry said...

Looking forward to seeing this finished. It's bright and lively so far--keep that vibe going Celeste!

hw (hallie) farber said...

Lots of flowers in this one! Looks like the reception was a great one; congratulations on being part of the auction.

Sheryl Anthony said...

An arty day. Thanks for the slideshow