Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tuesday~!

I applied color to the value study I did a couple of days ago. That was fun!

I also had to go downtown to retrieve my palette that I forgot in the basement classroom at the Oregon Society of Artists. After that I drove through the gray day to meet my friend Sondra for lunch. Our lunch reminded us both of our student days at Mt. Hood Community College....when we'd go through the salad bar, loading up our plates with "diet food" (and "full-fat" ranch dressing). We've always been this way.

 Gray day!

Lunch!

(Top Photo) Celeste Bergin: Value Study with color added, oil on 7x5 gessoed hardboard

9 comments:

martinealison said...

Une journée grise mais cependant pleine de couleur aussi bien sur la toile que dans l'assiette...
Gros bisous

mary maxam said...

Isn't salad meant to be eaten that way ?:) ha! I love the glow of color in this, wonderful palette.

CrimsonLeaves said...

The addition of color is sheer loveliness, Celeste. Perfect really. It looks like either dawn or sunset but either way it is beautiful. I love salad bars!!

Maritza said...

Un paisaje con sus melancolías que se pegan en la retina del alma...

Está hermosa tu pintura, Celeste.

Abrazos grandes, desde Chile.

Jan Yates, SCA, Canada said...

Wow this made my heart leap-what an evocative painting -full of intrigue.
*thanks for your words on my post-I think an Irish lass like you, with such an abundance of talent-should apply-today!

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

Celeste you are always so busy it is so nice... the paint has a beautifull light, I like it very much and so the nude from yesterday too, you are really a true artist

diffident.bother said...

I love the way your painting turned out! Such gorgeous colors.

Jane said...

The addition of color changed the whole painting, really like it this way !

Dave Starr said...

fat dressing is the only way to go. The painting has drama