Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday--(Hipbone Studio)

I arrived late to Hipbone Studio today and all the easels were taken, but Jeff found a good spot for me and I used one of those donkey benches.  I'm glad to be back! Our model was a good one and I got to visit with Allen Schmertzler and Mary McCoy during the break.

In one pose the model used an umbrella for a prop (.....appropriate for today's weather)

I like how my indecision about where to place this long stick 
made it seem like the model was sweeping

This is the Burnside Street side of Hipbone. I took this because I enjoyed how the yellow center line, the man's coat and sign on the building are all the same yellow (cadmium yellow medium, I'd say).

A good day for me.........what about you?

(Top Photo): Celeste Bergin, 3/28/12 Life Model, pencil on 18x24 paper
(Bottom Photos): Celeste Bergin, 3/28/12 Life Model II & III, pencil & charcoal on 18x24 paper

12 comments:

Linda Popple said...

Nice sketches, Celeste! And my day? Pretty darn good!!

Sheryl Anthony said...

Impressive. Beautiful drawings, Celeste.

Sheryl Anthony said...

And P.S. Agree that's Cadmium Ylw Medium

Dave Starr said...

Your drawing is excellent, good proportions. I plan on going to Hipbone on Saturday

Dave Starr said...

Your drawings are strong

My day? Good!

Sharon Wright said...

Lovely drawings, particularly the one with the brolly, perfect stance and proportions.

martinealison said...

Des croquis exquis... Des cours certainement très intéressants...
Gros bisous

CrimsonLeaves said...

I love when you talk a bit on your blog, my friend. And? I love how you think!! I think I'd have noticed the yellows in the photograph as well. I also like the added movement your indecision created! LOL Your sketches are also so fabulous!!

Libby Fife said...

I do love those patches of yellow-something I would definitely like to paint:)

Great life figure sketches as always-I envy you your skill!

Not a bad Wednesday-thrifting, cleaning, cooking, and finishing a painting:)

L.W.Roth, said...

I particularly like the lady with the umbrella sketch. You had a good day.
My days are full of oily fingers, mistakes and corrections and learning oils all over again. Now acrylics are looking pretty skimpy--but still good for fast underdrawings.

BoholstWife said...

drawing nude female models is always fun for me...love yours...my day? just starting out,too early to tell. I hope all is well with you.

Carrie H. said...

I like them all, umbrella makes me smile. it's fitting for this particular week of spring vacation.