Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday--!

I had lunch with a friend today after visiting the Lane Gallery. We went next door to the Press Club. Afterwards, it was raining and we leisurely walked to the corner. A red Lotus car zoomed into a parking spot in front of us. Smoooooth! A James Bondy type got out and started across the intersection. "Hey!" my friend called out, "You're going the wrong way"! He looked over briefly with a look on his face like this is the zillionth time someone has called out to me.  "I have questions," she continued...but he acted like he did not hear her and he kept walking. Now, I do not know what she had in mind to ask him, but I think she may have thought of it as nothing ventured, nothing gained. I was proud of her.

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Limited palette landscape, oil on 7x5 gessoed hardboard

9 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi,Celeste,
Both post and painting are nice! BTW, I'm wondering if I put watercolour on a gesso board...
Anyway, enjoy painting.
Cheers,Sadami

nouvelles couleurs - vienna atelier said...

beautifull this paint Celeste!

CrimsonLeaves said...

I like this piece so much, Celeste! Looks like the farmers are getting their fields ready. No finer place than this gorgeous location!

Libby Fife said...

He was clearly a super secret double agent on a rare daylight mission!

Loved the last couple of paintings, Sunday (?) flowers was nice in particular.

L.W.Roth, said...

Odd, why is Sadami's head-shot next to the comment L.W.Roth is going to write? Bloggersville. --My landscape still looks pretty much as colorless as that farm field Celeste EXCEPT if you put your nose to the ground to see what's coming up. Guys who drive those kinds of cars are seldom the chatty types--they're either new money full of themselves--or old money geezers. If he was a geezer, he would have chatted with two female strangers.

Dean H. said...

Nice landscape, Celeste!
Gotta watch out for the Bondy types.

diffident.bother said...

Beautiful painting. I love the deep shadows.

SamArtDog said...

Maybe the hotshot didn't like being called out for going the wrong way (in a city where most of the streets are one way only), because he thinks that one way signs don't apply to Lotus eaters.

Nice tonal painting.

Celeste Bergin said...

Thanks Sadami, Laura, Sherry, Libby, LW, Dean, Margaret and Sam!