Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday .....!

Here are my friends Jodi Burton (L) and Quin Sweetman (R) posing with my oil painting "The Side Door" at the CAP Auction last night (I couldn't attend).  Janet Amundsen-Splidsboel sent me this photo and iphone updates about how my painting was doing throughout the night. (Thanks, Janet!) In the end my painting sold despite the fact it was hung at the dreaded "stomach-high").  It is an honor to be a part of a wonderful event that has helped so many people year after year.

......And we went to a baby shower to welcome Baby Burbach today.  Attendees were invited to "design a onesie".



2nd photo: Onesie, Celeste Bergin, Yellow Dog with heart tag, marker on fabric

8 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
Congra~~~ts!!!
And nice news on the baby!
Cheers, Sadami

John Simlett said...

What a nice thing to do! It was such terrific picture that it comes as no surprise that it made big bucks for your charity. (applause) Nice one, Celeste.

Not sure what to say on the baby-front :0) Glad you had fun.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Congratulations on the sale, Celeste! I'm trying to remember side door but I have looked at so much art online, I'm not sure I remember it completely.

Anyhow, I so love the designer onesie ideas!!! Fabulous and what a well dressed baby that will be!

David Castillo Starr said...

Glad you donated a piece that brought funds to the CAP. The last painting I donated to a event didn't even get to the wall. The baby teeshirt, Astro?

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Celeste,
Congratulations on behalf of a great cause. "Big bucks", eh! I hope my donation did as well. I'm waiting on the letter they send out telling us to come and get the work or how much it sold for.
Keep up the great work!
Sincerely,
Gary.

Dan Kent said...

Must been awfully exciting hearing the progress of the bids. Congratulations!

Carolyn Rondthaler said...

Love how Jodi and Quin "showed off" your painting....and the onesy is adorable. That kind of gift was a really fun idea.

hw (hallie) farber said...

I love that your friends and posing (Vanna style) with your painting--congratulations. What a lucky baby--original art clothes.

Your Friday post was truly fine.