Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thursday!

I painted earlier today, but my painting failed. No matter, there is always tomorrow! Meanwhile,  I have a big book full of old time black and white prints that I love to bastardize.**

**This practice might seem like blasphemy to book lovers but, it is not a rare book or anything and after I "destroy" the whole thing I can go to Powell's and get another book of prints for 5 dollars. Try this...you'll like it! :)

Altered book page, Celeste Bergin, Tomorrow, pencil and highlighter on 12x10 printed page

11 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Celeste, you always make me smile and this is just plain fun!

John Simlett said...

I love the way the sun glints off the water (grins). It's the most sun I have seen in weeks

It's a not a very apt picture for British weather at the moment ... after a warm dry winter, and a beautiful early spring, the government declared a drought. Since that day it has rained for weeks non-stop - one low pressure area after another straight off the Atlantic!

martinealison said...

Une belle manière parfois de se défouler...
Gros bisous

Dean H. said...

Looks like great therapy! Lol!

Libby Fife said...

Hey, looks like fun! And do I ever wish Powell's was close by! You are a lucky duck!

Dan Kent said...

You can after the Portland landscape by adding sunshine too. ;)

Linda Popple said...

I love this idea! I'm off to find prints!! :-)

L.W.Roth, said...

I LOVE IT! What a marvelous idea. And your sun does pick up what looks to be quite a stodgy drawing.

SamArtDog said...

Portlanders have to get their sun in!

M. J. Muir said...

Love it. Thanks for the fun and humor. What a neat way to lighten up.

hw (hallie) farber said...

What fun. I've done this to catalogs--not sure I could do it to prints. I bow to you.