Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday--(Hipbone Studio)


Today's model at Hipbone Studio could definitely be described as boyish. I struggled some because I didn't have a working sharpener and my head to toe drawings of her all came out looking like a dude with breasts. To say they were disturbing is an understatement, so I'll take a pass on posting those.  I wound up with this decent portrait. (In my defense, I looked around the room and several other artists had that dude problem). The model had a very cool heart tattoo on her upper chest. I'll be back next week, with a functional sharpener and some extra resolve.

On the way home I took this photo of the colorful building on Glisan Street that houses the Cuban restaurant Pambiche. Let's go there sometime...shall we? Oh, Lets!

(Top Photo) Celeste Bergin, Life Model T, pencil on 18x24 paper

11 comments:

martinealison said...

Votre personnage doit avoir un petit air androgyne... C'est bon de laisser aller son poignet en crayonnant.

Une façade bien colorée sur la photo. On doit déguster des choses explosives dans ce restaurant !
gros bisous

Libby Fife said...

Wow...A dude with breasts! That is likely the funniest thing I have heard so far this week. See ya' at 6:30 for dinner:)

BoholstWife said...

you executed your task well....she still looks wonderful.

Celeste Bergin said...

Martine wrote:

Your character must have a little look androgynous ... It's good to let go of his wrist crayonnant.

A well colored facade in the photo. We must enjoy things explosive in this restaurant!
big kisses

--------
don't know exactly what you mean, Martine (wrist crayonnant wha?)---but thanks!

Michael Lindstrom said...

Oh, that is hilarious C. I can imagine capturing a boyish/female look would be a challenge. Great job on the sketch though, i think you pulled it off quite well:{>

hw (hallie) farber said...

I'm catching up. Nice portrait here. Monday's painting is great--beautiful back (and she looks good propped on the mantel as you vacuum). I'll join you at the colorful restaurant.

CrimsonLeaves said...

You made me smile and you still managed a good sketch! Love that colorful building! I'm up for a run to the restaurant! Indeed!

Dean H. said...

Celeste...I just have to say how very much I LOVE that Monday figure painting! Wow!

Your drawing today is quite good. I had to chuckle at the gender problem...Lol!

mary maxam said...

She probably just has one of those androgynous faces, I agree that she does look wonderful!So does the colorful restaurant :)

Carrie H. said...

Oh, for crying out loud. They always have painted that building some crazy color. It was god awful purple for a few years. That was the first place in Portland that imported Ugs. I'm game for Cuban dinner!

Page Railsback said...

Nice job..the human being body and face is a wondrous miracle...from beautiful to ugly ...luckily all in the eye of the beholder