Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday--(Hipbone Studio)


Just like last week, I experienced some problems with supplies again today at Hipbone.  My fault again. It seems I always have one thing that is not working properly or I discover that I don't have all my tools. (This time I had "warp-y" paper issues, among other things).  Just the same, I fought through the warp, the model was very good and I liked my spot. I'll get this preparedness thing down. Yes, I will.



(Top and Middle photos): Life session drawings, Celeste Bergin, Model "V", pencil on 18x24 paper.
Bottom photo: Hipbone Studio, during the break

9 comments:

DJ said...

Celeste, you can't tell from your drawings that anything was amiss. Nice work on the gestures; the details show an experienced artist drew these.

Page Railsback said...

Look at just this months posts! You are so versatile! Love everything

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh to be able to do figures like this! Fabulous work despite the obstacles.

L.W.Roth, said...

I like the way you're blocking out the figures warpy paper and all. Hipbone is a more hip name than the os coxae--a little anatomist humorus.

Dave Starr said...

confident drawings

Dean H. said...

I esp like how you massed the shadows in the first one! It quickly nails down the dark and light shapes.

Carrie H. said...

Blaste the warpy paper. Wet it like we used to do with our hair!

I love that suggested hand in the top one. You got the 'weight' of him just right.

Parabolic Muse said...

This is difficult!
Really nice work.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Warpy paper or not--these are great drawings. I especially like the second one.