Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday--(Hipbone Studio)

I went to the Hipbone Studio drop in session for figure drawing today. As I drew the portrait above, the model kept yawning big yawns. I willed her to stop so I could get everything down in the time provided.  (She did).  Big charcoal sticks make satisfying dark marks.

(Top photo) Drawing, Celeste Bergin, Wednesday's model portrait, charcoal on 18x24 paper
2nd photo Drawing, Celeste Bergin, Wednesday's model, pencil on 18x24 paper


In 1949 Picasso was photographed using a light to draw in the air:

and in 2012 a young woman shows off her glowstick ability:

10 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Wow, Celeste! I love your drawings, always. Both of these are phenomenal but I found myself just being awed by your foreshortening and your proportions; perfection!

l.w.roth said...

Very interesting figures. They have drama and do remind me of Picasso's skinny figurative paintings.

David Castillo Starr said...

The portrait is Art Deco heroic

David Castillo Starr said...

The portrait is Art Deco heroic

David Castillo Starr said...

Thanks for the glowing video

Dan Kent said...

Your drawings are great. I especially like the full body one-like Matisse, not Picasso. As for the light drawing, that Picasso sure was ahead of his time, wasn't he? Has anybody else said that?

John Simlett said...

I can imagine the frustration a yawning model brought to you.

The drawings are perfect, you capture a certain resignation in her, a sort of controlled yet reluctant acceptance of life.

The video was great, thank you.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Wonderful drawings, Celeste. I need some glowsticks--I tried juggling and broke a few things around the house.

Michael Lindstrom said...

Great sketches Celeste, they both show your broad versatility in drawing. Great Picasso pic and love the glow stick gal. Wonderful talent all across the board.

Chris said...

loved the glow stick video-had to tweet it on. Always enjoy your drawings.