Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday!

(Click to Enlarge)

Carrie and I went to the Pittock Mansion today to turn in our submissions. Since we were "in the neighborhood" we sketched and had lunch at Elephant's Deli (where we continued to sketch some more). It seems to me if you own and use a sketchbook you'll never be lonely. Carrie and I fielded questions and comments from an assortment of interested bystanders. It was my first time to Elephant's (in this location on 22nd). I liked the hustle-bustle of the place...especially contrasted with the quiet of the Mansion grounds. We rounded out the day by stopping in to the Oregon Society of Artists to see the Nautical show. (It's beautiful!)

Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Elephant's Deli, ink and watercolor in Moleskine sketchbook

Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Mt. Hood in the distance, ink and watercolor in sketchbook

Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Pittock Mansion, ink and watercolor pencil in sketchbook

To see what Carrie sketched....go HERE.

10 comments:

L.W.Roth, said...

Great sketches. Lively and of the moment. A good outing recorded. I ordered the same brushes that you did at AMW(?). I hope I'm getting three bristle brushes, but could be one? The prices were right, but they really didn't describe what I was buying. Also bought a reasonably priced video on oil painting. I figured a refresher course couldn't hurt before that workshop. You should get a cut of their profits. LOL.

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

I use to go to Elephant's on NW 22 frequently. Its great isn't it? Wonderful salads.

Great to see your sketches.

CrimsonLeaves said...

This sounds like a perfect Friday and the sketches are fabulous! Love the Mt. Hood sketch and the directional lines on the Pittock mansion are spot on.

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
Very, very, pretty sketches! So cute.
Cheers, Sadami

Dean H. said...

Nice work, Celeste! Gotta love those sketch books!

Carrie H. said...

That double page in your moleskin is most impressive. It was my favorite of the day.

Dan Kent said...

Well these sketches are close to my heart! Wonderful!

David Castillo Starr said...

You inspire me to keep sketching.

Valéria Souza said...

Lindos os teus trabalhos, parabéns Celeste! gosto do teu estilo. também pinto, mas ainda sou iniciante,acaso queiras conhecer meu blog, terei imenso prazer em receber-te.Abraços valeriasouza-telas.blogspot.com

Celeste Bergin said...

Valeria wrote:

Your works are beautiful, congratulations Celeste! like your style. also paint, but I'm still a beginner, queiras chance to know my blog, I have great pleasure to welcome te.Abraços valeriasouza-telas.blogspot.com

thnaks Valeria!