Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Ruby Tuesday~!

It's Tuesday and I am working on a painting to submit to the Pittock Mansion "Let us speak our Minds" exhibit. I can't show it to you yet, so I'm blogging this archived study (above) instead.

 I also spent the morning looking at some of my old drawings and diagnosing errors. It's alot of fun to look at what went wrong and what went right.

 Later in the day I actually went to my health club. It's been a long time since I've been there. I did a drawing in my "fitness journal" to mark this very auspicious occasion.

I was thrilled to see the same make a model car that I own highlighted on Wheeler Dealer. Mine is a 1975 Triumph Spitfire..the one they fixed is a 1980. (I own two cars, they are both fabulously and unusually old).

 I love my Spitfire and it has always been a little hard to explain to others about how and why I can't part with it.  This is a photo of the Wheeler Dealer guys driving their Spitfire after they fixed it. Yeah! That's how I feel too! (and I like the idea of the goggles).


At the end of the day, Mufusa went upside down and went into a cat-trance. He eventually snapped out of it.

In additional news, the Anonymous Art Fundraiser for Columbia Art Gallery is tomorrow (Wednesday, May 16)  5-7:30pm.  I saw many of the paintings when I turned in mine...they are wonderful!

My art pals went sketching today also..have a look at what they did HERE.


(Top photo): Oil Study, Celeste Bergin, Cottage, oil on 6x8 canvas panel
2nd photo: Drawing, Celeste Bergin, Self Portrait with corrections, watercolor pencil and pen on paper
3rd photo: Sketch, Celeste Bergin, treadmill, pencil in fitness journal

15 comments:

Michael Lindstrom said...

Wow, busy day Celeste. However, you left out the part where you set up on the corner of 5th and Salmon to perform the River Dance.....:{>

Sharon Wright said...

Love it all! And what a good idea to go through old stuff to see where it went wrong...or right! Might give that a go.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh the shame! I never go to a health club. Hah. In fact, I rarely get much exercise other than walking about at work. I am so proud of you, my friend!

You have indeed accomplished a darned lot yesterday! Love seeing the recycled painting (recycled on your blog) and your notes to self on your portrait. The sketch is fabulous!

You rock, darlin'!

Libby Fife said...

Sounds like a super day! I liked the sketches too and why not? Glorifying a set of dumpsters and hydrants is OK in my book any day!

Maritza said...

Qué maravillosa pintura, un precioso ocaso con sus tonos rojizos, envolviendo el paisaje de nostalgia (y también romanticismo)...

Te felicito!

Abrazos muchos...

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
I love the red in the first work. I, at once, got it's YOU in the second one!! The cat is so cute.
Cheers, Sadami

L.W.Roth, said...

Well Ruby Tuesday is appropriately named. The sunset atmosphere gives the cottage an eerie look. I'm looking forward to seeing the final painting.

Spitfire seems like it suits you. You should bring it to Detroit and show it off in the Dream Cruise when classic cars from all over the world take over our city streets.

I'd love to know more about analyzing corrections.

Celeste Bergin said...

Maritza wrote:

What a wonderful painting, a beautiful sunset with reddish tones, enveloping the landscape of nostalgia (and romance) ...

Congratulations!

Many hugs ...

(thanks Maritza!)

donna said...

The Cottage colors really sing! Love! I can hardly wait to see the final painting. :)

John Simlett said...

Love Ruby Tuesday (whistles the tune), It's got a Turnerish touch to it, the colours radiate atmosphere.

If I corrected my stuff I'd never have time to produce anything new!

Triumph Spitfire - British!

Interesting post, Celeste,

hw (hallie) farber said...

So much here. I had a pair of those goggles; I gave them to my son. I like the self-portrait WITH the lines.

Yesterday's "Companions" was wonderful.

Sara Mathewson said...

Celeste,
Love the Ruby Tuesday painting. Fits it. But i really wanted to tell you that I look forward to your posts coming in my email everyday. they always make me smile and I feel like you are so happy and it comes through in your posts. It makes me happy to read them and look at what you are working on. thanks for brightening my days:)

Sara

Chris said...

Love Ruby Tuesday! And your car. Maybe instead of goggles you could get some funky gloves and a beret?

Celeste Bergin said...

Thank you Michael, Sharon, Sherry, Libby, Maritza, Sadami, LW, Donna, John, Hallie, Sara and Chris. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to comment... I very much enjoy my connections "out there" to all of you! :)

raena said...

I love how varied your artwork is. You always seem to be growing and stretching yourself. Wonderful post!