Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sketching at Jamison Park with Carolyn & Carrie



Today I joined up with my art pals Carrie Holst and Carolyn Rondthaler at Jamison Park in the Pearl District. The objective was to sketch the park, the people and if the opportunity presented itself, to sketch items on the Portland Urban Sketcher's Scavenger Hunt.  When we finished at the park we walked a couple of blocks to a Starbucks. What a fun way to spend the afternoon!  To see more of our sketches...go HERE.

(Top and 2nd Photo) Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Bike leaning against a tree, pentel brush, pen and pencil on paper
Bottom Photo: me and Carolyn, (Skol!)
Thanks, Dave B, for the photos :)

8 comments:

Linda Popple said...

great day for sketching and friends!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Hey, a bike! Love the sketch, Celeste.

CrimsonLeaves said...

You are so lucky to have artist friends nearby, Celeste. I love your bike sketch and what an awesome day it looks to have been. Right now I am fighting the urge to just give up art. I'm in a whirlwind of bad work and am so frustrated.

L.W.Roth, said...

I want to go to the park too with you gals! You are my kind of people. I'm calling Beacons tomorrow.

hw (hallie) farber said...

What a great bicycle sketch! You seem to have an "Art First" life. I know it wasn't luck but hard work that got you there. Enjoy.

Carolyn Rondthaler said...

That was fun. Thanks for the post, Celeste. It is great to take time for friends and art!

Mayra Mancebo said...

is a nice sketch, I like how detailed.
Have a good weekend

Lisa Graham Art said...

That DOES sound like the perfect afternoon! I love the bike sketch!