Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Wednesday--!



I participated in a planning meeting in Hood River today at the Columbia Art Gallery today.  I'm the curator of Pacific Northwest Plein Air 2012 again this year, so that means if you have questions about submitting and/or the event, you can ask me (and I will do my best to answer)!  The deadline is June 15. (Don't wait until the last minute, you'll want to familiarize yourself with the CaFe' system in advance).  Information HERE.

I got back to Portland from Hood River in just enough time to grab my materials and get to the Wednesday session at Hipbone....and I'm glad I made it, because the model was a good one.....as usual.

Drawing: Celeste Bergin, Hipbone Model E, profile, charcoal on 18x24 paper
Drawing: Celeste Bergin, Hipbone Model E, seated, Prismacolor pencil on 18x24 paper

11 comments:

Maritza said...

Muy expresivos. Me encanta sobretodo el primero: ese gesto tan delicado y a la vez grave...

Muy buenos!
Felicidades, Celeste.





http://verbal-maritza.blogspot.com/
http://expresiongraficayverbal.blogspot.com/

martinealison said...

Une belle séance de dessin... j'aime particulièrement le tout premier croquis. Il pourrait être repris sur une toile d'un format différent (au-delà même du format Marine)... Comment vous expliquer par quelques mots. Je le vois, je le sens comme l'instigateur d'une grande ligne d'horizon... mon esprit s'évade. peut-être rejoindra-t-il votre appréciation et votre sensibilité ?!...
Gros bisous

Merci pour votre généreux commentaire.

Linda Popple said...

As always ..... nice sketches!

Douglas Clark said...

Great drawings, Line quality is very appealing

hw (hallie) farber said...

Model E is wonderful. Great profile--reminds me of a young Georgia O'keefe.

Michael Lindstrom said...

Wonderful sketches Celeste! I especially love the headshot. Its quite convincing and has a great feeling of just emerging from no where.

John Simlett said...

You're very busy, Celeste - as usual!

The drawings are great and the foreshortening works nicely, really impressive/expressive :0)

I posted a WIP on the cathedral as you suggested

CrimsonLeaves said...

Awesome job on the feet (well, the whole thing, but I know how hard feet can be to do and do them right)! Love the darker moodiness to the portrait even more!

mary maxam said...

beautiful studies and really challenging! such good work Celeste!

Celeste Bergin said...

Martine wrote:
A beautiful drawing session ... I particularly like the very first sketch. It could be taken on a canvas of a different format (even beyond the format Marine) ... How do you explain a few words. I see, I feel as the instigator of a great skyline ... My mind escapes. ... big kisses

(Thanks Martine!)

Celeste Bergin said...

Maritza wrote:

Very expressive. I love especially the first: that gesture so delicate yet serious ... Very good! Congratulations, Celeste.

Thanks Maritza!