Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunday .....!


The Friends of Lone Fir Cemetery hosted an event today called Tea and Roses. It was a lovely "Garden Party" smack dab in the center of the cemetery, part of the Rose Festival History and Roses Tour.  I got to hear to a nice presentation by Laura King about Mary Drain Albro (a woman who dedicated her life to preserving the roses of old Oregon and who actually planted the rose garden at Lone Fir)....and after that I sketched a rose.  (Slideshow below)

Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Old rose at Lone Fir Cemetery, ink and watercolor in Moleskine sketchbook


8 comments:

Manel said...

Very nice sketch!

Maritza said...

Las acuarelas son mi "debilidad"...y me encantó la tuya!

Besos, Celeste.




http://verbal-maritza.blogspot.com/
http://expresiongraficayverbal.blogspot.com/

John Simlett said...

Loved the roses, including your's of course, they are my favourite flowers.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Wow, Celeste! This is just so beautiful!! I love when you dip into your watercolors too. I absolutely adore that illustrator's headstone. Gorgeous photo on/etched into it. I haven't cemetery visited in awhile. I think maybe next weekend that will have to be a plan (if it isn't too hot out, that is). I love imagining the lives of the people, hurt for those who died young or lost their children early. It sounds like you had a fabulous day!

Virginia Floyd said...

I really like your pen and watercolor paintings!

Libby Fife said...

I guess if you have to go that rose garden and property isn't too bad! Looks like a lovely day to me:)

Celeste Bergin said...

Maritza wrote:

The watercolors are my "weakness" ... and I loved yours! Love, Celeste.

(Thanks, Maritza!)

David Castillo Starr said...

good watercolor sketch
Did you go to cemeteries two weeks in a row?