Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tuesday~!


Lunching at YaHala, I sketched my retractable umbrella while we waited for our Cheese plate and Hot Mezza. (The umbrella is a handy item...it fits nicely in my bag)!

Yahoooooo....I just signed up for the Orwick/Jacobsen Cannon Beach workshop beginning June 18th! (Michael Orwick, Eric Jacobsen). They are "team teaching". I especially appreciate that that they are offering individual days or the entire week. Cannon Beach! Oil Paint! Yeah! Throw in with us! Workshop Info HERE.

Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Retractable Umbrella, ink in 6x9 Strathmore sketch book

PS...Do I owe you an email?? I have had nothing but email trouble for two weeks! I hope to get it all fixed during this week. :)

10 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
Nice sketch! Enjoy the workshop!!
Best wishes, Sadami

Manel said...

I'm enjoying your sketches very much!

CrimsonLeaves said...

Fabulous sketch; I thought I was seeing a photograph at first. I've been to Cannon Beach for a long weekend and it was exquisite! I love it there, great shops, beautiful vistas...sigh...Wish I could go too!

L.W.Roth, said...

Yes, a great sketch. You don't let a minute go by with your hands resting in your lap. Great energy. enjoy the workshop. --Thinking of workshops, how do you carry you paints, solvents and medium when you go oil painting out and about? My e-mail--you have my e-mail--if you would be so kind to fill me in. I'm worried about that workshop I committed to.

I'm having another thought: while you are sketching at lunch what is your luncheon partner doing? --Is sketching like texting or gaming instead of listening and responding? I get a little removed when I'm sketching, mesmerized actually, so I don't do it when I'm out with others--and miss drawing from life opportunities. I know Ellis would be upset.

martinealison said...

Avec ce printemps capricieux ce parapluie est adéquat...
Son croquis est impeccable! Je vous souhaite plein de bons moments à venir avec les ateliers...
Gros bisous

Celeste Bergin said...

Martine wrote:
This spring with this whimsical umbrella is appropriate ... This sketch is impeccable! I wish you many good times to come with workshops ... big kisses By martinealison on Tuesday ~! at 11:31 AM

Thanks Martine!

Carrie H. said...

Oh Yeah! I bet you are happy with this!! Such a good shadow for one thing and the handle hook and the reflective rendering are perfect. Just do it like this every time. :)

ArtSparker said...

That umbrella has impressive authority.

David Castillo Starr said...

I want to sign up for the workshop but I guess it will have to be next time
Nice ink sketch

David Castillo Starr said...

I want to sign up for the workshop but I guess it will have to be next time
Nice ink sketch