Thursday, July 19, 2012

Olla Podrida

 I got many things done today...but nothing at the easel. So here's a potpourri of other things...like this lapel pin that my friend Stephanie gave me. Oh, BTW, I don't think Stephanie REALLY thinks my 15 minutes are up..and interesting tidbit, I actually MET Andy Warhol in New York City in the late 70's ....at a Broadway play!.... I am not making this up! (Wait. Maybe that was my 15 minutes, when I met Warhol??) ...and is it my imagination....or does Warhol  resemble George Broderick?

 I did this sketch at Emily's Teriyaki a week ago. I'm a life-long soy sauce fan.

 Here Mufasa is laying claim to the Utrecht CATalog. Save up to 75%, Mufasa!

Finally...this is the contents of my SAM bag dumped out. How many items can you identify?  (Click photo to enlarge) Put your answers into the comment section and the winner of the most correct answers will win a fabulous prize. I haven't determined yet what the prize is---but I am sure that it *will* be art-related and fabulous and no, you can not have the Andy Warhol pin.

7 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Inquiring minds want to know what a SAM bag is? But I see a lipstick (maybe two?), a Life is Good pink cap, a slew of business cards, a purple bag full of pencils and ink, a pair of readers, a receipt or two, and maybe a small bottle of perfume? Beyond that I'm not sure...

You go Mufasa! Mama needs a new pair of shoes (or brushes, or canvases, or paint...for 75% off who doesn't?)

Can't see George's face close up so can't tell if he looks like Andy Warhol or not. Warhol and Pollock...two artists that I don't care for their work. Gasp!

L.W.Roth, said...

No, I don't think that Broderick looks like Warhol, and his art doesn't either. It's phenomenal,blew me away. Warhol's was shallow, He was the painting paparazzi to the stars. Great site. Thanks for the link.

You've carry quite a lot of stuff on your shoulder. Of course art pad and pens. I didn't see a camera--but a hair brush. No prize winner here:))

David Castillo Starr said...

2 pair eyeglasses
haibrush
business cards
receipts
gum wrappers?
life is good hat
sketchbook
pencil case
post it note

David Castillo Starr said...

I continue to wait for my 15 minutes.
smartcat.
good sketch

Celeste Bergin said...

Hi Sherry, LW and David! Sherry, my SAM bag is my tote bag from the Seattle Art Museum. It says "SAM" down the side.
Thanks for the comments! :)

hw (hallie) farber said...

Yes, I think George looks like Warhol.

I see a water bottle, a lone paint brush, a container of pens, pencils, and brushes, hair brush, two pairs of eyeglasses, a pink cap, notebook, phone, business cards, green wrappers, receipt, and a folded paper signed by you (probably from the vet). Is that mace?

p.s. I could never wear a pink cap that says Life is Good (a hint in case I win something).

Chris said...

receipts, business cards-yours and others, aspirin?, brush, sketchpad, coupons, lipstick or gloss, paintbrush, viewfinder, reading glasses, water bottle, sketching tools in purple case, tape measure or camera?, gum wrappers, pink life is good hat-