Friday, August 3, 2012

Life is like a box of chocolates

This is a color sketch I did awhile back (at a "meeting after the meeting"). I've brought it out from my archives, because I don't have anything new for today. Well, life truly is a box of chocolates...because "you never know what you're going to get". I just discovered that I got a fabulous "toon" dedicated to me over at Pamo's World. Please go check it out HERE. If I may make a chocolate-box analogy, in the blogosphere Pamo is a rich salted chocolate covered caramel (definitely sweet and tangy)! Thanks for the special post, Pam.....it made my day!

I'm ready for the weekend event at the Portland Art Museum (see previous post). All my supplies are stacked up in the front room. Come out and see me!

Sketch: Celeste Bergin, Chocolates, watercolor and ink on gessoed paper 6x9

8 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
The work is lovely. Enjoy the event tomorrow!!!
Best wishes, Sadami

CrimsonLeaves said...

Not a huge chocolate fan but if I were, you'd be one of my favorites, my friend. And trust me; my hair is horrendous. I finally found a cut that seems to work with the curly/frizzy aspects of it. Still...I'd just love thick and stick straight hair. It is what I've wanted for my hair since I realized what kind of hair I do have when I was little.

Good luck this weekend! Wishing you much fun and even more success!

hmuxo said...

I've never seen this painting before..this is amazing! glad you brought it out again!!

PAMO ART said...

Those chocolates look scrumptious! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed doing that toon for you. I had many incarnations of it until finally settling on the strip format.

You are an awesome person and a brilliant artist who inspires so many of us every day. I'm glad to know you!

I look forward to your posts in my email. I never get enough Bergin's! Thanks for everything you do for artists- it's meaningful.

Dean H. said...

Love the "Life Is Like" painting, Celeste!

That is one cool toon!! I'd like to do a piece for her next zine for a T shirt!

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Celeste,
Well, my Dear, I scoured the Park Blocks looking for you, but failed. It's just past 1:30 PM now, so maybe you were having lunch or taking a break inside some air conditioned ice cream parlor. My other thought is that you arrived early to catch the dramatic morning shadows, as well as, beat the heat.
At any rate, I'm sorry to have missed you again. Seems we are doomed never to meet in person.
I did get some good photos of the other painters and will post them on my blog tonight.
Hope you had a great day there!
Sincerely,
Gary.

Nora MacPhail said...

I checked out the toon! So cute. Congrats. Also, love the chocolates sketch. Although it's not a sketch, it's a very finished complete wonderful drawing.
Have a blast.

mary maxam said...

Get OUT!!! This is fabulous and I feel myself gaining weight just looking at it!