Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday!

 My usually dependable MacBook Pro crashed today (for probably the 5th time in the last 60 days). What a drag...and geeez, just when I had so much to blog about. Right now I'm writing from Dave's PC and it is a challenge to understand all the weird differences between Mac and PC, but I finally got a slideshow of the weekend uploaded (below).  Hooray! My own machine is in the hospital and I don't know when I'll get it back.

I had a fantastic time at the Portland Art Museum Plein Air Paint Out!  It was exceptional on all fronts...from beginning to end, it was non-stop fun! Spending time with the other painters, struggling with the heat, talking to the scores of people who turned out, fighting for right values, going to the fantastic Gamblin-hosted BBQ, installing my work at break neck speed on Sunday, visiting some more with the public, tons of friends and then selling five paintings (!) well, what's not to like...right?

Because I can't work from my own machine I am not able to color correct photos of my paintings, so I can't blog them all yet. The painting above isn't quite right color-wise, but I'll break my rule and put it up anyway. I hope I get my own machine back soon!

THANKS to all my friends who came out, to my new collectors...(and ESPECIALLY to my favorite Portland blogging pal Gary Everest who gave me and the whole event a fabulous write up HERE).  Thanks so much to all involved in bringing plein air and the Portland art Mueum together. Wow!

Painting: Celeste Bergin, At the Festival, oil on 9x12 canvas panel

15 comments:

John Simlett said...

Just popped in to say I'm sorry I've missed so many of your posts...life's a bit lumpy at the moment, hope to be back on line shortly and I hope your 'machine' is fit and well soon.

Sadami said...

Hi, Celeste,
The painting is very nice. Take it easy and enjoy your life fully! I hope your machine get well soon.
Kind regards, Sadami

CrimsonLeaves said...

This looks like it was an absolutely fabulous day and I even recognized another artist. I hope your time away from your iMac flies by. Love the sense of "right now" in your painting. So fabulous!!

Libby Fife said...

Sure glad that was so successful on all fronts! That downtown area looks like there is a lot of inspiration too:)

Maritza said...

Celeste querida, yo no veo colores "extraños" en tu pintura,y te felicito por tu obra, como siempre de gran calidad.
Te animo porque pronto llegará tu solución,no?

Felicidades tengas siempre,Celeste.
ABRAZOS GRANDES, DESDE CHILE!.

loriann signori said...

Love your painting- what an amazing quality of light! Best wishes getting your mac back. We really do need our machines!

David Castillo Starr said...

Celeste! It was great to see you there. I was floored by how fantastic the art was and how well it was displayed. A great day for artists in Portland!

David Castillo Starr said...

PS Congratulations to you, what a coup to be selected.

Dan Kent said...

Five, eh? No surprise. Congratulations! Love this - look forward to seeing it with the right colors and seeing the others too. Sounds like a wonderful experience.

Celeste Bergin said...

Maritza writes:
Celeste dear, I do not see color "strangers" in your painting, and I congratulate you on your work, as always of great quality.
I encourage you because your computer solution will come soon, right?

Congratulations you always, Celeste.
BIG HUGS FROM CHILE!.
----
thanks, Maritza!

L.W.Roth, said...

I loved the painting as soon as I saw it this morning. I didn't have time to comment. The fair looks wonderful--and Gary looks so much better in the photograph than when he paints himself, as well as he does.All of these photos make me want to participate. I hate missing a happening abounding with enthusiasm and the joy of art.

hw (hallie) farber said...

Wonderful post--I'd like to be in Portland, sitting on one of those benches. Congratulations.

B Boylan said...

Thanks Celeste for the fun post. It was like I was there all over again and I even could feel the heat of the day as I was reading your entry. Lovely painting, even if it was not color corrected, it still feels full of light.
Best, B

Julie Ford Oliver said...

I have really enjoyed following this event so I appreciate the extra time it took during a busy time for you...plus the computer issues!
Your paintings are really wonderful and reflect an area I know well.
I also followed the link to Gary's blog and saw more great stuff.
Good way to start my day - thank you!

Rosemary said...

Wonderful photos of artists at work and a glimpse into the supportive community you share.