Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday...in Battle Ground, WA


I did this painting with the colors I had left-over from my last painting session. (I didn't have any extra paint with me...but it turned out to be a good exercise, nonetheless! I concentrated more on the big shapes than on local color).

Earlier in the day, I had the great pleasure of making a presentation to the Battle Ground Art Alliance (in the community room at the Battle Ground Library). My art friend Hilarie Couture asked me to speak about marketing art. It's a subject I like and no one threw rotten tomatoes at me..so I'll count it as a success. I am indeed qualified to provide some counsel on the topic, since (drum roll), I did enjoy a career in communication before this foray into fine art. Hopefully I'm going to give a similar talk down the road at the Northwest Oil Painter's Guild. It was a great Saturday for me---How was yours??

Painting: Celeste Bergin, Practice with leftover paint, oil on 6x6 canvas panel


Battle Ground WA Library


9 comments:

Rosemary said...

Wonderful challenge, to create using a fixed array of colours with a beautiful result :)

B Boylan said...

Oooh, very juicy work there Celeste! I really really like this one indeedie doo.

CrimsonLeaves said...

Oh I really like this painting, Celeste! It is almost like looking through a window, a neat sensation. Lovely as always. Glad you had a successful Saturday too.

Virginia Floyd said...

Very nice. Lovely loose foliage in the trees, and I love the reflections of the sky. Lovely!

David Castillo Starr said...

a lot said without a great deal of chroma

hmuxo said...

Wonderful painting, Celeste...I love the reflections...

hw (hallie) farber said...

A beauty of a painting. I'm sure you're a wonderful speaker who knows the subject--wish I could have been there. Nice of you to share you knowledge.

Linda Popple said...

Nice painting, Celeste! And i would LOVE to hear your talk on marketing!!

mary maxam said...

Wonderful, I could only wish my leftover paint paintings turned out like this!