Sunday, August 5, 2012

Saturday..in the Park Blocks

What a great day. This photo was sent to me by my painting friend, Janet Amundson Splidsboel. (Thanks, Janet!) I can't even begin to tell you how much fun it was at Portland Art Museum's Oregon Invitational Plein Air Event. Wow! I saw so many fabulous paintings and tomorrow everyone returns to the Museum Courtyard to put their paintings up on display (for sale). There were so many happy spectators today, it was a pure joy to talk with everyone. The artists all went To Gamblin's for a party afterwards. How cool is that!  Hooray for plein air painting and the Portland Art Museum and a huge thanks to everyone who came out to see me!

6 comments:

CrimsonLeaves said...

Good golly but you look cute! One of my tried and true methods with my hair when it is long enough is a loose bun. Always flattering and oh so easy to do and makes me feel like I've gained the upper hand with the wayward hair. LOL You, however, look adorable and so does you hair. (Keeping our hair conversation going, I ams!)

Your day sounds so terrific, so fun! You are entrenched in the art community and it seems so well thriving out there! If I could move there, I would do so in a heartbeat.

David Castillo Starr said...

Celeste! I must have put five miles on looking for you today. I agree, there was tons of wonderful art. I am coming back today to see the paintings in frames.

David Castillo Starr said...

Nice picture!

L.W.Roth, said...

You look so happy in your element Celeste--and the painting on the easel is just something great we have to wait and see.

hmuxo said...

Looks like a wonderful day, Celeste. I love the painting on the easel ...

Celeste Bergin said...

thanks,hmuxo, Linda, Dave and Sherry!